FanStory.com - The Cafeteria Caperby Janet Foor
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An honest boy
The Cafeteria Caper by Janet Foor
Flash Fiction contest entry


“Jimmy‘s in big trouble,” the school secretary said.

“I’ll be right there," Marion responded as she dashed out the door and drove to the school.

It was like high noon in the hallway when Marion arrived.  Mrs. Walden on one side, hands on her hips and glowering at young Jimmy.

On the other side was Jimmy, hands stuffed in his pockets staring at the floor until he spied his mom.

“I didn’t do it,” he called to her.

“Yes, he did, and you had better fess up young man.  Your son was caught throwing carrots in the cafeteria.”

“I was not, Mom,” Jimmy protested adamantly. 

"You were seen throwing them James and you will be punished." 

Marion, knowing her son and his need for everything to be exact, finally said, “Ok, Jimmy, if you didn’t throw carrots, what did you throw?” 

Calmly Jimmy responded, “It was green beans”.

 

Recognized

Author Notes
I had such a son. He was not willing to be punished for something other than what he actually did do. :))))

     

© Copyright 2024. Janet Foor All rights reserved.
Janet Foor has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement