FanStory.com - 5/7/5 I draw my sweet dreamby Gypsy Blue Rose
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
dedicated to orphans of war and politics
5/7/5 I draw my sweet dream by Gypsy Blue Rose
5-7-5 writing prompt entry
in memory of Dean Kuch, Douglas Paul, and Michael Cahill.

 
I draw my sweet dream

of graffiti family--

wait for messiah 
 



 


Writing Prompt
Write a 5-7-5 poem on any subject. The only rule is to follow the 5-7-5 syllable count (first line has five syllables, second line has seven, third line has five again).

Recognized

Author Notes
Dictionary definition:
messiah: a zealous leader of some cause or project.

I wrote this 5/7/5 thinking about all the children caught in war and politics, like the middle east war and Mexican immigrants' children in cages. When I write 'messiah, it can be taken as the second coming of the Savior or just an exceptional leader and teacher.

Thank you for reading.
--------------------------------------------------
Background information:

Mexican immigrants:

Ahead of the Iowa caucuses on Monday, immigrant advocates (with some help from Jennifer Lopez) are reminding voters that President Donald TrumpĂ¢??s immigration policies have come at the expense of kids in cages.

During the Super Bowl's halftime show on Sunday night, J. Lo performed 'Born in the USA' while surrounded by children sitting in what looked like cages - an apparent critique of the Trump administration's immigration detention policies:

-----------------------------------------------

Middle East war:

The State of Palestine is in Western Asia claiming the West Bank, bordering Israel. The Gaza Strip bordering Israel and Egypt. East Jerusalem is the capital.

The territory claimed by the State of Palestine has been occupied since 1948, first by Egypt and Jordan and then by Israel after the Six-Day War in 1967.

Palestine has a population of 5,051,953 as of February 2020. After World War II, in 1947.

The UN adopted a Partition Plan for Mandatory Palestine recommending the creation of independent Arab and Jewish states and an internationalized Jerusalem. Since then both states have been at war over the land.

source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

President Trump unveiled his plan to end one of the world's oldest and most intractable conflicts on Tuesday in what he has called the deal of the century. The 180-page proposal, which was drafted without Palestinian input, would grant Israel most of its demands in exchange for the possibility of a future Palestinian state with limited sovereignty.

The plan was predictably greeted with enthusiasm by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel and condemnation by President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority.

Source: New York Times

Senior White House adviser Jared Kushner, Trump's son in law, said Tuesday that Palestinians have a "big opportunity" with President Trump's Middle East peace plan, saying if they reject the plan "they're going to screw up another opportunity." Kushner praised the president's plan on CNN, saying it gives the Palestinians "a pathway to a state, a continuous territory and conditions where they can earn their way to their independence." He added that it could provide a $50 billion economic plan that could contribute to their prosperity. "It's a big opportunity for the Palestinians," he said. "And they have a perfect track record of blowing every opportunity they've had in their past. It's a big opportunity for the Palestinians," he said. "And they have a perfect track record of blowing every opportunity they've had in their past".

Source: https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/480358-jared-kushner-palestinians-have-blown-every

     

© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement