FanStory.com - Missed in Oblivionby Marjon van Bruggen
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
12 line rhyming poem fun in February
Missed in Oblivion by Marjon van Bruggen
February Fun Poem writing prompt entry
Artwork by Linda Bickston at FanArtReview.com

Oh, help! I see I missed it
no way how to turn and twist it,
the second Monday of this month
Hub was so busy with my Mons
Veneris, that it slipped my mind.
That's no excuse, and now I find
no words to apologize profound.
Better not to utter a false sound
and try, belatedly I know,
to celebrate the third Monday in a row
in a most respectful, humble way
the National Public Sleeping Day!




Writing Prompt
So, February is upon us... and it doesn't JUST mean Valentines! In fact, it COULD mean a whole host of other things... but you must CHOOSE ONE. That's right! The link below will bring you to the humongous list of things for which February has been designated the official month for.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/february-monthly-observations/

Your poetry assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to pick ONE of those items on that list and write a TWELVE LINE RHYMED POEM about it. There is no specified meter or rhyme scheme, so it's totally up to you how the rhythm will work for your month choice. However, when it's all said and done, it must be EXACTLY TWELVE lines and it must RHYME. Remember to include your chosen month designation in your author notes!!

Please keep it CLEAN (I've seen some of those choices on there) and kick it up a notch with your presentation: make us WANT to celebrate February for your choice.... and, of course, want to vote for your Feb-Fun Poem!!

Good luck and run over there and choose.....we're all waiting!! ;-) ;-)

Author Notes
I know, I know, I used the Mons Veneris, but I assure you that it was clean.
This is a poem in the contest for the fun-in-February. I chose the second Monday in February is the National Public Sleeping Day, one of the options I found on Google.

     

© Copyright 2024. Marjon van Bruggen All rights reserved.
Marjon van Bruggen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement