FanStory.com - Midnight Heartby Liz O'Neill
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Bea and Sweet Puppy go to see Willow for comfort and wisdom
Be Wee With Bea Part2
: Midnight Heart by Liz O'Neill

Background
Scruffles the raccoon cat has left for the bridge of rainbows. Bea and Sweet Puppy feel lost. Bea has gotten Sweet Puppy to go along with her to see Willow for comfort and wisdom.

After doing her stepstooling exercise and because Bea the broken-hearted wee bear was so upset she did some major spilling. This made it necessary for her to do some toe touching exercises.

Not wishing to waste any, this meant she could be further consoled by getting just a little more of her "be good to myself" treat. Bea knew she needed to do a rigorous strolling exercise and to do her brain exercise.

Strolling more slowly than usual she heard the sad music of the wind through the branches. This made her think of the dark music that was playing in her wee bear heart.

My heart is full of midnight, I'm as blue as I can be

For my handsome raccoon cat had to leave me

His tuna bowl is in his corner, I haven't the heart to throw it away

And there's the ball he found one day, to jump and run and play

He helped me when there was trouble at Bea's Golden Path

He even shook off his sleepiness without taking time for his raccoon cat bath

When I found him he had sticky matted hair

It was so very sad to see him standing there

Oh, he became so handsome, that raccoon cat

He was so very skinny, then not too fat.

Good thing he liked fish, and not my "be good to myself" treat

It would have been hard to find him something else to eat

He'd sit and do his brain exercises with me

Which made us both very, very happy

He liked dancing during our strolling exercise each day

Now, he's not here, he's gone, gone away

He saved me when I did my dumpster dive

Oh, I wish that he was here and still alive

When we did our "the creature of the mist" investigation

He worked very hard to find the creature's identification

He helped us get across the swamp, he had discovered a hidden bridge

I still look for him, hoping he's just up there dancing on the ridge

We were three, now we're two

Oh dear Maker of all things, what will Sweet Puppy and I do?

My heart is full of midnight, I'm as blue as I can be

For my friend, Scruffles had to leave in order to be free

He said at "the bridge of rainbows", he will be waiting for Sweet Puppy and me

Until then, we will live our lives as full as we can do for now

Practicing our Be Wee With Bea's rigorous exercises and learning how

To get beyond this terrible loss, we must do our part

To change the music from sadness to joy, we feel so deep in our heart



____________



Persuaded by Bea, Sweet Puppy agreed to go along to see Willow who stood there and listened and listened without being distracted. This was very important to Bea who was worried about Sweet Puppy. She seemed to be searching throughout the cave looking for Scruffles. That was one of Willow's special features. She was almost always in the moment. Unless she was remembering some of the children who have come to see her.

Bea remembered when the Maker of Willow trees told Bea to tell Willow she held the memory of pain, anger, sadness, and any other feelings too hard to hold for wee hearts. The Maker said that was a wonderful exercise. Bea never needed her to say much, didn't want her giving any solutions or answers. She needed to figure things out for herself. She knew this was just what Sweet Puppy needed.

Willow had told Bea she could allow herself to be sad as long or as often as she needed to. She wanted Sweet Puppy to hear that message too. The sadness with the feeling of emptiness was as hollow as one of Bea's honey pots with something very important missing. This aching they felt didn't need to be filled or fixed by any particular time limit.

She also said that the missing of one friend opens up the missing of others such as her mom. The bad memories might come back for a while. They won't stay, but it will feel like forever. This answered the question Bea had about missing her mom even more since Scruffles had left.

She also told Bea she would have a mixture of feelings that would move from sad to angry, to pretending, to calm, back to angry and pretending. Slowly the pretending would lessen and the fears would become smaller; then the courage and the calm would last longer.

Willow could not tell Bea when any of this would happen. It was just the way of it. Bea could see Sweet Puppy was taking it all in. She hadn't said anything but was doing her learning exercise. That was enough for that day. Bea could do no more. The two of them could be seen strolling with a little more bounce than when they began.






Author Notes
I'd like to acknowledge GaliaG for their perfect picture. I rescued Scruffles as my first cat. He passed at age 18. I'm glad he lives on in my books.
This is the 2nd book in the series Be Wee With Bea. Book One is available on Amazon and similar venues and on my webpage, www.beweewithbea.com ...I also have a fb page called be wee with bea. I'd love to have you check it out. You are invited to visit my portfolio on this FanStory site to catch up or sample other chapters. Sadly, everyone in this story with the exception of Tim aka Timothy the beaver and I aka Bea are still here. All of the animals have gone to the Rainbow Bridge or Bridge of Rainbows as Bea calls it. And Doolie, my former partner passed 2 years ago. And Sweet Puppy last January.

     

© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement