FanStory.com - My Newfound Friendshipsby moonsunrise
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Retirement is well with my soul
My Newfound Friendships by moonsunrise
True Story Contest contest entry


I have loved writing poems since I was a child. It was my way of expressing my feelings. I loved this because what I wrote was my own journal only in poetry form. Working for many years in the medical arena did not offer me the luxury of writing as I did when I was in school. This being said, I did write somewhat. I found that being around God's creation, the ocean or lake, the woods, the mountains, the glens, just anything pertaining to His beautiful majesty inspired my heart and soul. I retired in 2016 and started to write more often. I became a snowbird in Florida and just loved sitting on my lanai overlooking the pond while writing as I watched the sun dance on the water or the raindrops softly fall onto the palm trees which were blowing in the wind not to mentions the egrets quietly walking along the waters edge. I felt so free, no obligations, just time for me to enjoy the peace and quiet after having worked for so many years. Don't' get me wrong, I loved working in the medical field but days were very busy and offered much stress while working as a ward clerk, then Sr. Executive Assistant to the Chair of Surgery then Emergency Medicine.
While spending my first winter at Pine Lakes I was introduced to a group of lovely, fun to be around writers. I joined this very low key, friendly group and began to expand my horizons by writing short stories. Though I am a poet at heart, I am finding it challenging and to write more than just poetry. I love the stories my fellow writers share at writers group, sometimes funny, sometimes sad but never less very good stories. I have found some new special friends that I enjoy being keeping company with. I look forward to Friday's when we will meet. This week will be my turn to host. I am so looking forward to hearing more stories and sharing some laughs and good times. Last November we celebrated our writing group by luncheoning at a lovely tea room, called "The Wisteria Tea Room". It was such a wonderful time. We shared different teas, I actually loved "The Last Mango in Paris", and the quiche was so delicious. I will always cherish this memory. As of late we have two new members to our writers group and I am so looking forward to celebrating our writing and friendship next November at "The Wisteria Tea Room" with them. I am so blessed!

Author Notes
I have spent many years caring for family. Retirement has offered me the time to truly connect with myself and explore different facets of my life. It's like a refreshing new beginning. I have the best of both worlds. I spend time with my loved ones and friends in Massachusetts but enjoy the adventure and exploration of my heart and soul in sunny Florida.

     

© Copyright 2024. moonsunrise All rights reserved.
moonsunrise has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement