FanStory.com - Pride and Syllableby Sally Law
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Dialogue Only Contest Entry
Pride and Syllable by Sally Law
Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry






~**~

What do you mean my syllable count is off?

Right here you wrote, "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain."
That's ten syllables. The first line of a Nonet is nine syllables. By the way, this sounds familiar. Did you plagiarize this?

It's nine syllables, not ten. Clearly, you can't count. I've been counting since I was one. You're the one who can't count! And for the record, I wrote this.

Well, I have been counting since I was eight months old and I'm telling you, you're off.

Ha! At eight weeks old, I understood Einstein's Theory of General Relativity.

Blah, blah, blah. We all figured it out when we threw a bottle of formula across the room. You're just trying to change the subject.

No, I'm not.

Yes, you are!

I have this Nonet ready for a FanStory contest and I'm pressing the button right now!!

Okay, you asked for it!! A four-star review coming from me to you.

Oh, no! Please... not the dreaded four-star review!

Oh, yes!

Okay, you win. Where's that on-line syllable counter?

It's right here. Now, you and I both know you took that line from a famous musical. I see your 'My Fair Lady' Blu-ray disc sitting by your computer.

Now what? Are you saying I stole that line?

Exactly.

I really want to win the Nonet contest. There's a cash prize!

But, at what cost?

Let me think. Arrest, imprisonment, and the ruination of my good name?

I'm not really sure, but I do know you'll sleep better.

Has anyone ever told you, you're a pain in the butt?

Yep. That's exactly what friends are for.

Recognized

Author Notes
"Happy Sunshine" by Gary Haber on FanArtReview.com.

     

© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement