FanStory.com - Peril Returnsby Bill Schott
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Peril returns to Detroit with a vengence.
The Pitches
: Peril Returns by Bill Schott
Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com



Sinclair Lincoln read the front page of the Free Press and shook his head.

"Hey, Pez. Laks like Ray Gan is takin' the heat foh dat I-ran- Cantra Affair dere."

"I'm sure he'll find a general or a senate page to do the time for it though. No way he does like Nixon and resigns."

"The big goys dun't never dah da time -- jesd da crime."

Pez left the pawn shop and walked a block over to the bus stop on Third Street. He was taking his GED next week and needed to get some study time in at the city library.

At the library, he sat away from others and opened the GED study guide tome to the center. A practice test example was there, and the questions were getting easier to answer with every visit.

His peripheral vision picked up on a person to his left. He or she sat down and became motionless. Casually looking over he was shocked to see his father, Peril Pitch, staring at him with the steely eyes of a wolf.

"Hey, Boy. How you been?"

"I thought you were in hiding? Is that over?"

"Hiding! Is that what they told you?"

"Yeah. You went to Miami -- or Florida."

"Miami OR Florida? God, Pez, you're goin' to need to know a lot more than you do now to get anywhere."

"So why'd you come back?"

"I need to get some investor capital and head out west to Vegas."

"You going to rob this library. I heard the late book fines are getting picked up by the Brinks truck today."

Peril leaped from his chair and grabbed the seventeen-year-old by the collar.

"Okay, Smartass, here's what's happening. They sent me to Florida to feed the crocodiles in the swamp four years ago. That didn't happen 'cause I broke away and made myself scarce. Now I'm back and I'm taking Sim-Sim's dough and headin' West."

Peril released the teen and pushed off him. Pez maintained eye contact.

"Slinky said you were still alive, but you couldn't contact nobody."

"Slinky's a lyin' turd and I'll deal with him too."

"He's my friend, man. He took me in and gave me a job."

"Then I'll make it quick. Samuel's won't get that option. He's goin' out beggin'. "

Pez sat back down and tried to compose himself. He had to find a way to keep all of these people from killing each other, AND pass that GED test.


 

Author Notes
Thanks to cleo85for use of the image.

I used the Iran-Contra Affair to isolate the date at 1984. Pez is now seventeen. Peril has been on the lam for a few years.

GED = General Equivalency Diploma

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement