FanStory.com - Thank youby Jean Hornby
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
As the human carried me
Thank you by Jean Hornby

As the human carried me into some den, I clung to her with all my strength and claws.

I knew this place was where she often chose to be,
for the smell - her smell was very strong here.

It was overpowering even to my immature senses.

But I felt I wanted to be here

Pleasant drifts of an overwhelming peace and unrequited love were immensely welcoming.

I soon relaxed and could not help but release a quiet purr as she placed a fresh container of fish before me.

My favorite, I loudly purred.

The human then bared her teeth at me, but I felt no threat for I remembered when my mother had told me that this is how they themselves purr.

With belly full, I tried to now decide where I should reside.

Was it to be in front of the dancing heat that the human had suddenly brought to life or was it with her.

There was no comparison

So I jumped on to her lap and gave the loudest purr ever.

I was overwhelmed by her response,
For a sparkle of love radiated in her eyes.

THANK YOU , I meowed as I drifted into the best sleep that a homeless kitten could ever have.

I love you !


     

© Copyright 2024. Jean Hornby All rights reserved.
Jean Hornby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement