FanStory.com - Timberby Mystic Angel 7777
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Nature 5-7-5
Timber by Mystic Angel 7777
Tree-Hugger 5-7-5 writing prompt entry

wind whispers resolve
through old oak’s trembling branches
axe begins attack



Writing Prompt
Write a poem with 5-7-5 syllables about a tree, trees or forest.

Author Notes
The information provided below has been generously shared by 'Save Nature' an organization deeply committed to saving the earth's precious resources through keeping the public informed and motivated to help.

Causes of Deforestation
The causes of deforestation include the primary notion that forested land is not as economically viable as farmland. The other causes behind deforestation are:

- Need to increase land for settlements and urbanization.
- Timber, for industrial use and as fuel.
- Large-scale conversion into agricultural grounds, corruption and unequal distribution of wealth.
- Cattle ranching.
- Experimentation with forestry.

Effects of Deforestation
We have claimed much of our forest cover to accommodate growing populations and for industrial purposes in recent years. The logging and/or burning of trees for fuel and to create pasture and plantation lands has in turn created a monster in the form of depleting forest cover and a major climate change. Today, infringement of forest land to accommodate human settlements has witnessed the razing or felling of trees without timely address of sufficient reforestation.

Deforestation has not only resulted in irreversible damage to the natural habitat of many wildlife species, but has also resulted in loss of biodiversity and increase in aridity. Forest cover that is razed to meet the demand for timber within different industrial segments has degraded 'green' lands into useless 'waste' lands. Disregard and lax management of our forest cover threatens the survival of many already endangered species and has caused drastic changes in global climate. Desertification and the relocation of numerous indigenous people is the result of deforestation. Deforestation results in permanent habitat loss and the subsequent irreversible loss of thousands of species that enrich the wildlife and ecosystem on the planet. Deforestation follows a ripple-on trend and has resulted in permanent changes to world geography.

Deforestation is a major contributor to:
- Global warming.
- Emission of greenhouse gases
- Global climate change
- Carbon stores in soil
- Reduced net oxygen levels
- Biosphere instability



     

© Copyright 2024. Mystic Angel 7777 All rights reserved.
Mystic Angel 7777 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement