FanStory.com - one snowy morningby judester
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short story
one snowy morning by judester
Sentence writing prompt entry
Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

There was a knock on the door.

Unusual, because Alice and her sister lived in the forest in their cozy log cabin.
Alice worked making little dolls for her on~line shop. Her sister was a full time free spirit and part time writer. She spent most of her days exploring the woods and river that surrounded their home.

Alice reluctantly put down her glue gun. She rubbed her hands on her jeans, then opened the door.

She looked around but saw no one on her snowy porch.

Probably that bold woodpecker, she thought and began to close the door.

There was a soft cough.

She looked down and was startled to see a little leprechaun standing there.

He was magnificient with his jaunty green felt hat and bright red jacket. His long beard was golden red, as was the hair that poked out from beneath his hat. On his feet were sturdy black shoes with shiny buckles.

He stood proudly beside a black cauldron filled with shiny gold coins.

"Here you go Missy. My word is my bond. One pot of gold for you catching me unawares!

He looked up and smiled beatifically.

Alice was speechless for a second as she tried to figure this out.

Suddenly, the back door swung open and her twin sister came rushing in.
She stamped her feet as swirls of snow followed behind her.

Her face was rosy from the winter wind and as she shook off her jacket she exclaimed,

"Oh Alice, you are not going to be believe this!"



Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with this sentence: There was a knock on the door.

Author Notes
Thanks to avmurray for the artwork.

     

© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement