FanStory.com - Window Of The Soulby Badger_29
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Senryu suite- Appearances
Haiku and Senryu Suites
: Window Of The Soul by Badger_29
"The countenance is the portrait of the soul, and the eyes mark its intentions." Marcus Tullius Cicero


When I look into
 eyes strikingly bold and blue
I see me in you

 when you truly see 
that my gaze is upon thee,
do you feel my love?

for, it is my love
that I wish to exhibit
while I drink of you

drink to me only
 thine merry visionary
with thine eyes azul

Author Notes
An experiment, based on a popular phrase attributed to William Shakespeare, was also quoted by Matthew in the Bible and Cicero

Proverbs 30:17 The eye [face; countenance] that mocketh [derides; scorns] at his father, and despiseth [disrespect; rejects] to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out [pierce; thrust out; hollow out], and the young eagles shall eat it [feed upon].

Matthew 6:22-24 The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

"The eye is the window of the soul, the mouth the door. The intellect, the will, are seen in the eye; the emotions, sensibilities, and affections, in the mouth. The animals look for man's intentions right into his eyes. Even a rat, when you hunt him and bring him to bay, looks you in the eye." Hiram Powers, American sculptor (1805 - 1873)

"I need no dictionary of quotations to remind me that the eyes are the windows of the soul."
Max Beerbohm

"Perhaps in all too many cases they are full of ancient traditional hokum from the culture about the eyes being the windows of the soul, and things being seen in them that might not otherwise be revealed -- which seems to be one of the most misguided ideas I've ever known." Sullivan, H. S. (1954). The Psychiatric Interview. New York: Norton. p. 5-6.

The eyes of our souls only then begin to see, when our bodily eyes are closing. Law.

"Thou sun, of this great world both eye and soul." Milton.

"They say that the eye is the window to the soul. But it is the soul that is the window. "
Andrew Hamilton

The eyes are the window of the soul. English Proverb

"The eyes are the window of the soul."
Traditional Proverb

"The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10/20/2019

     

© Copyright 2024. Badger_29 All rights reserved.
Badger_29 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement