FanStory.com - Love Letter on a Clipboard #3by Sally Law
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
More confessions.
Love Letter on a Clipboard #3 by Sally Law
Story of the Month contest entry

 
“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them."
1 John 4:16



Dearest Kristin,
Good Morning, my sweet love. I'm writing in pen today, as I have some time all to myself.

Not only are you beautiful, but hysterically funny. Your quick wit makes you even more adorable. 

Perhaps you missed your calling as a stand-up comic. Nah, then I wouldn't have seen your true gifts of mercy and compassion. I love to watch you as you interact with difficult patients and snippy doctors.

Take Captain Lewis, for instance. You're the only one our cranky Patient can even tolerate. I heard through the grapevine, you're reading War and Peace to him during your lunch break. At least, that's what my spies have reported. Just teasing. I don't have any spies, but I do have slippery ones that help me get the letters to your clipboard, undetected. I pay them with chocolate-covered almonds. It seems your entire staff is addicted to chocolate confections, Miss Spencer.


Your letter is in my heart already, and I have clung to every word. You have believed me to be sincere, and opened yourself, unabashed and unafraid. Your love overwhelms me, Kristin, and is truer than anything I've ever known. You've never really seen me as the one behind these clipboard love letters. How do you know I'm not some horrible creature locked away in the forbidden corridors of Southside Hospital?  

You are also amazing, romantic, talented, nurturing, and  frugal to the point of hilarity. 

That brings me to my next point. Please feel free to buy a blue silk tie  for our date. I will wear it proudly. It will always remind me of you, my blue-eyed beauty. 

Your recited Nonet brought me to tears, and I was a mess at the end. Good grief, woman, have you no mercy?  Should I just surrender now? If it weren't for my circumstances, I would come today and whisk you away.

I heard about your upcoming surgery, but didn't realize it was so soon. I am already praying for you, love. This is not an easy thing, and I know you'll have weeks of physical therapy ahead. This regimen I know all too well.

I will make sure you are well-stocked with the aforementioned sweets, and some artwork for your room. Yes, I'm an artist.

The great thing about being an artist is the ability to call attention to beauty. I am painting a picture of you today--a Christmas gift for your parents. 

Sending you all my love,
Your secret admirer 

A Nonet I wrote for you~

Blue~~~~~

Blue are the eyes, the ones filled with love,
Render me hopeful with one glance.
Piercing through my stony heart,
Where love lived, yet, unstirred.
Like purest waters,
Your lovely eyes
Wash me clean,
Drench me
Blue.

PS~ Here is a quote I read the other day, and the inspiration for my Nonet, as well. It reminded me of you, and how loving you are. 


"For true love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow."
Charles Augustin Sainte-Beuve

Recognized

Author Notes
Nonet written by me, Sally Law, for the purpose of this story.

Art: https://pixabay.com/images/search/blue%20iris/

     

© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement