FanStory.com - Hope vs Hopeby Liz O'Neill
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The worried trio sprinted toward Willow to know she's okay
Be Wee With Bea Part2
: Hope vs Hope by Liz O'Neill

Background
Bea et al woke to a buzzing sound. Because she worried it meant danger for her friend Willow and very kind tree they hurried to her safe-space. Bea has time to reflect on the new discovery about the m

With Willow's well-being as her focus, there was no time to do her stepstooling exercise where she went up and down her stepstool to get her pots of honey. More importantly, there was no time for her weight-lifting exercise or to have her "be-good-to -myself" treat.

As she did her sprinting exercise toward the path that led to Willow, she did her talk to the Maker of Willow trees. Her dear friend had to be okay. Bea did not know what she would do if she didn't have her to talk to. What would the sad angry children do if they had no place to go to be listened to and to rant, rave and cry?

The terrible buzzing became deafening as she got closer to Willow's safe spot. She had dreadful doubts that there would ever be such a safe spot again. Her wee bear fur face was soaked with tears when she stood to stare at Willow's spot. She felt weak as if her honey filled legs were getting very squishy.

She remembered how Willow had told her child after child would come to her hurting, physically and emotionally. This loving tree did not want to think of the betrayed children striking her with sticks. She'd rather think that it was the angry sticks cutting into her bark.

So many mixed memories came to her about all of the healing talks she'd ever had with Willow. How much Willow had helped her. And Willow's holding dear the stories of so many broken children. What would they do without her? The buzzing was so loud in her head she couldn't do her brain exercise to know what to do with all of her emotions.

Should she just stand there for a silent moment and do her humble exercise and be thankful for Willow being in her life? She did not know what to do. Should she choose to do her sprinting exercise toward Willow and put her arms around her scarred bark? Or should she do the celebrate life dance?

When she did the first two, Willow expressed curiosity as to why Bea'd been crying and had had such a dark mood. Bea realized Willow had no idea what was going on. She was just being her calm self.

She informed Bea the children had told her some men were sawing up trees that had fallen during the storm. Ah, the buzzing did have something to do with the humming. Bea felt a moment of sadness along with Willow for those other trees. Letting out such a forceful gasp of relief told her it had been a very long time since she'd taken a breath.

***********
With her emotions at such a peak, all Bea needed was to have Willow ask her how she was doing. The wee bear unloaded everything that had been in her heart. She told her of the mist creature mystery. She did a bit of a bear chuckle to herself.

The often-too serious tree laughed at what the mist creature has turned out to be. Shaking her bewildered head, Bea still wondered why a mom bear just like her and puppies just like Sweet Puppy would be so scary.

Practicing her notice exercise she had to admit that she'd been doing her pretend exercise. This meant making the whole thought of the possibility of a friendship with this mom bear go away. She told her of all of her fears and Willow just listened.

Because Willow said nothing it led Bea to the real truth. This was a very different situation from Bea's efforts to try to fix the unfixable. She remembered how she used to try so hard to fix something that was not hers to fix. By not saying anything, nor trying to fix her confusion, Willow was allowing Bea time to talk this through.

Bea did not always understand the meaning she was supposed to learn from her struggles. What she had just gone through was a big hint this time. She had been terrified to lose Willow. Talking to the Maker of humble bears helped Bea to figure some of it out.

She was afraid of what would happen if she did make a new friend. It might turn into a very healthy relationship. Moms exchanging mom stories and helping with hints about what each did that worked, sounded so nice. Maybe that mom even did the talk to the Maker exercise.

She hoped that was true. Needing to feed and keep all those large and tiny puppies safe surely made it necessary. Bea was beginning to like her already and felt more confident that she would like Bea. With happy wee bear eyes looking upward she bet they would want to get to know Scruffles and Sweet Puppy.

Admitting to Willow how she actually looked forward to getting to know the mom and her puppies, she thanked the remarkable tree for listening. Joined by Scruffles and Sweet Puppy, the worry-free wee bear did her celebrate-life dance.

With all that had happened in a short period of time, the wee weary bear checked to see if she had any energy left. Strolling toward home, thinking of the positive possibilities, she did a light dance step of hope.



Author Notes
I'd like to acknowledge jgrace for such a striking picture. Willow is a representation of my working with children from abusive homes. They told me such terrible stories. They learned it was safe for them to express anger to or at me.
This is the 2nd book in the series Be Wee With Bea. Book One is available on Amazon and similar venues and on my webpage, www.beweewithbea.com ...I also have a fb page called be wee with bea. I'd love to have you check it out. You are invited to visit my portfolio on this FanStory site to catch up or sample other chapters. for such an appropriate picture. Willow represents my experience working with children in abusive homes. They told me terrible stories and learned it was safe to express anger to or at me.

     

© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement