FanStory.com - Falling in Loveby zanya
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What do you think?
Falling in Love by zanya
What do you think? contest entry

'Falling in love ' is  a phrase like many others in our social media age that is applied to almost everything. Heretofore, people used to only fall in love with other people, mostly as a prelude to a relationship or marriage.

However, in our times we fall in love with practically anything and everything, movies, books, espresso, Paris, sneakers and especially our pets. The list is endless.

And then there is the cell phone. We fall madly in love with the latest model and almost have withdrawal symptoms if we are not hooked up 24/7.

What about the motor car? We practically drool over certain models of car and their specs. Absolutely no need to list them off here for a Fanstory audience. No doubt they are well acquainted with same.

How on earth then are we ever going to help our planet heal from all the damage we are doing to it if we have to fall out of love with the motor car?
Scientists tell us repeatedly that burning fossil fuels in cars releases carbon dioxide, which is the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions.

How is falling out of love to be accomplished?   A much bigger issue than falling in love, as we are well aware. The car is just no longer a mode of transport. It's like an extension of ourselves and our lives. Sometimes we even sleep in our car. We certainly eat in our car, maybe on our early morning commute to work.

There's a lot of 'activity' these days around climate change but how much of it is just tinkering around the edges. It's so difficult for this generation to 'sacrifice' the comforts and securities built up over generations. Perhaps that is why we are seeing a much younger generation taking on the difficult mantle of change. They have not yet become 'enslaved ' to modern comforts like older generations.

Will older generations live to see city streets without cars or is that simply a mirage? And what of all our highways or motorways?

Can we really fall out of love with the motor car?
Just a thought.


 

Author Notes
Image from Google

     

© Copyright 2024. zanya All rights reserved.
zanya has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement