FanStory.com - Almost A Halloween Disasterby aryr
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A group entry.
Almost A Halloween Disaster by aryr
Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

The wind blew violently, shaking the house and sweeping the rain in a horizontal pattern across the ground. It was just a few minutes past high noon. We all glanced at our bowls of steamy homemade soup, then reverted our gaze to the window.

On Halloween day the weather sucked.

Nobody would be able to survive the gale-like winds nor the rain for an evening of trick or treating. Thank goodness it was a Saturday or mom would have had to drive us to school, it would have been open.

We had had a sleep over the night before and the plan had been to go out from our house. My three older brothers smiled at the idea of having thirteen young teenage girls under the same roof. Mom and Dad set the strict rules, the girls got the basement recreation room and the boys were not allowed to go down there.

It felt like a doomsday, and we all chanted prayers throughout the afternoon. Supper was pizza and everyone discussed the evening plans to go home around eight pm.

At seven the wind and the rain stopped, just like that. Everything was wet and chilly, but Halloween was back on. Yes, we could go out.

Have you ever wondered what thirteen identical costumes would look like? We had decided to dress alike except for our hair color, which was covered and our eyes, of course. We were all made up as garden gnomes, just like Travelocity.

250 words.

Recognized

Author Notes
This would have been a delight to see, just a figment of my imagination.
Thank you to Cleo85 for the art work-Fairy Tale.

     

© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement