FanStory.com - It's Published!by Sandra Stoner-Mitchell
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Eric and the Indians is out there!!
Eric's Epic Adventures
: It's Published! by Sandra Stoner-Mitchell

I have, at last, got Eric's second book published and it is out there in the world! Well, Amazon is the world these days. I also want to update you on Eric's progress at his new school for dyslexic children.

Although he has only been attending this school for two months, he is a changed boy. I had tears in my eyes when he told me he wasn't dumb. I said, of course you aren't dumb, you are really very clever. Apparently, some of the children in his primary school had been calling him names because he couldn't read or write. It broke my heart when he told me this. He had kept it to himself all this time.

As you know, Eric is dyslexic, and in his case the words would tumble off the page. It was impossible for him to read. My son's wife is also dyslexic and she recognised Eric's problem and immediately both Sue and Chris went into protective mode and began searching for a school that could help him.

They found a school that had excellent references and they were able to get Eric a place there. He is a changed boy. No longer the only one struggling to read and write, he has blossomed into the lad I knew him to be. He is so much happier. He is able to make sense of the jumble of words and proudly showed me how he can write his name and read a few words, and that is in two months!

The school has a wonderful way of building a child's confidence. In Eric's case, it was the Rubik Cube. He is unbelievably quick. The Head Teacher found this out and asked Eric if he would give a demonstration on the stage after morning prayers. He was a bit nervous but not for long. Mr Rogers told the school about Eric's ability. He then mixed up all the sides and handed the cube back to Eric who studied the eight sides for a moment and then went to work. He beat his own record of 50 seconds, getting all the sides in the right order in 40 seconds. The school gave him rapturous applause. He is now teaching his new friends how to do it. (I have to admit, he takes after his modest grandmother!!!!)

As you also know, Eric asked me if I would write a story about him being the hero. So, 'Eric's Epic Adventures' was born. His face, when I presented him with, 'Eric and the Aliens' will live with me for the rest of my life. Now, 'Eric and the Indians' will be given to him this weekend. I can't wait for Sunday to come. I hope to start on, 'Eric and the Pharaohs' soon.

I want to thank you all for the help in the editing, and for being so supportive in my endeavour to help encourage my grandson. You've all been amazing. Thank you.

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Sandra Stoner-Mitchell All rights reserved.
Sandra Stoner-Mitchell has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement