FanStory.com - Soulmateby Iza Deleanu
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
soulmate
Soulmate by Iza Deleanu

 
My Soulmate is not here on Earth; she is up there in the Heaven and is watching over me since I remember. The first day my grandparents showed me how to pray, Mary immediately start coming into my life. Every time something burdens me, Mary is rushing to the rescue. It seems like I was her only care and she was my guardian angel. I went through life shielded because my Soulmate was there for me.

            I remember one day, I was rushed to the hospital, apparently my thyroid was going crazy and I needed to get a surgery.  They kept me for a week in the hospital taking all the precautions for this delicate operation. Initially they schedule me for the afternoon, but at noon when the surgeon come to see me they realized that if they don’t operate me soon, I will be so nervous that they will not be able to perform the Hemithyroidectomy. My mom supposed to be by my side, but they sent her away in the morning and asked her to come in the afternoon.

            All I remember was me shivering in the operation room. Before the anesthetic kicked in, I saw another patient that another doctor was performing the operation on… I actually saw how they were removing the skin on their face and then I passed out. Suddenly I wake up in a car. I remember the place, because I was there before.  I was in a car that was rushing on the streets of Paralia Katerini in Greece. I was so excited to get out of the car and rush towards the sea. I think I felt very cold, it looked like late September. I knew that I couldn’t go for a swim, but still I wanted to hear the waves and feel the breeze on my face.

            As I was looking through the window I felt something black covering the car. The tar was slowly covering my body and my face. That dark-pitch substance daubs my nostrils… I am suffocating. Panicked I start screaming, but that black thing went into my mouth. Suddenly I saw a light above my head, and hand pulled me out of that hot mess. I wake up in ICU, my vision was blurry, and the nurses were running like crazy around me, they were shooting something, and were calling the doctor.
I was hearing everything, but I couldn’t answer, or at least they couldn’t hear me. From the corner of my eyes, I saw somebody dressed in black, a lady that was watching me with evil eyes. I said to myself, this is Death, sure looks scary. Then I start understanding what the nurses where saying: “Call the doctor, she has a postoperative respiratory complication. I think we gave her too much General anesthesia.”

Finally my mom was there, she told me a few hours later that she couldn’t find me and nobody knew where I was. After I left the hospital, I knew that the saving hand was the hand of my mysterious Soulmate. Now looking back at my life I realize that every time I had a near to death experience, Mary was there getting me out of all kinds of troubles.
I remember once, as a child, when I was eight grade I went to camp in the middle of nowhere with other kids. One day the four musketeers, me and my friends, we decided to go and explore the surroundings of the camp. It was a beautiful sunny day, and across from the building was a river, and behind the majestic mountain.

We decided to do climbing, but with no equipment. After advancing a couple of meters my friends decided to go back because the climbing was becoming impossible without proper gear. I didn’t want to admit defeat, so I decided to continue with this endeavour. What I was thinking? Could the grass replace a proper rope? Let me tell you it cannot! I lost my gripping. My friends didn’t even reach the base, when I start tumbling down the valley. I think one of my blades of grass, or should I say improvised rope, had a nervous breakdown and let me lose.

On spur of a moment, trees start running in front of my face as I was tumbling down. On my way towards the river bank, I saw a mountain goat, which was curiously looking at me probably wondering, what am I doing there? That path belongs to the animal kingdom. I almost died, but again Mary was there. She gently placed me at the bank of the river. I had just a few seconds to move out of the way of the stones that for sure were going to bury me alieve. I never told my parents what happened.

In 2014 my husband was diagnosed with Colon Cancer. I was by myself stacked in this strange country, as he was visiting his parents back home. When he gave me the news, I thought that I am going to die on the spot. I panicked because I was supposed to take care of everything for a while, and I had no idea how to do it. All I wanted was to be with him and help him to go through the surgery and the treatment after. As I was sitting crying on my desk, suddenly a gentle voice in my head told me that everything is going to be ok. In the same day he called me to tell me that the cancer was stage one, and he will be fine just with the surgery. When he gave me the diagnostic, I was in heaven and thanked my soulmate for taking care of my husband and of our lives.

I don’t know how, but Mary have a ten sense and she feels when I am in trouble. I don’t want you to think that I am calling her only when I am sad; she is there when I am happy too. My joy is hers too. I plead for help and then she comes to the rescue. How many of you have such a close relationship with their soulmates. Mary is extraordinary, she gives her support and unconditional love to everybody who stops for a second and calls for help. We humans usually don’t do good deeds without expecting reciprocity. I wonder, how did we got this bad treat? We supposed to be the children of God, to be perfect. Initially all the kids are good and innocent.

Something must got messed up from the original, which is why now days we are so helpless and we need constant supervision and approval from left and right. It is so easy to make a mistake and then ask God for help, of course if you are not one of those people who don’t believe in anything. I think I was born under a lucky star. I come into this world with the best gift, my precious Soulmate, Mary. I am an orthodox and since we were little we get acquainted with the power of prayer and we are invested with unconditional love towards our Father that is in Heaven.  

If I remember correctly, since medieval times, the lords of our country were building a monastery after each battle. Stefan the Great, used to fast and pray for 40 days after each battle, as a sign of respect and humility towards our Lord who kept the country and its people safe. This practice still exists today, in fact Romania has lots of monastery that are filled with people that come and pray, or seek salvation from incurable diseases.

Lots of these monasteries are built for my soulmate, Mary. In each church and monastery, there is an icon for the mother of our Lord, Mary. I shouldn’t brag about my special relation with Mary but I know is real, and if each of us will stop for a second and pay more attention to each other the Earth will be a better place. By now, probably you guessed that my exclusive soulmate is Mary, the mother of Christ.
 
           

Author Notes
1357 words. Please if you don't like to read religious subjects, don't read this piece. Thank you all for your support and for your review.

     

© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement