FanStory.com - Starry Mistakeby Heather Knight
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A sweet one?
Starry Mistake by Heather Knight

Rainbow was a very special fairy. She was beautiful, like most of her kind, but she was also gentle and loving.

One day, while walking along the beach at night, she found a starfish. In her ignorance, she thought it was a star that had fallen from the sky.

She picked it up and walked till she found a mountain. It was a long walk...

When she was at the top, she shouted.

'Hi, up there! I think I've found one of your babies. But he must be sick because he's not shiny.'

From up in the sky, a huge, proud star looked at her and wondered.

'That creature and I are not related,' he said with a shudder. He had a booming voice.

The fairy was shocked. She had made a mistake. Again.

If the Queen Fairy found out, she'd be in trouble. As usual.

The starfish woke up. What with all the racket. The loud conversation. The tears.

Looking at the fairy, he asked,

'Where am I?'

'Far away from home, I'm afraid.'

'Will you take me back to the sea?'

'Of course.'

On the way back, Rainbow explained what had happened.

When they got to the sea, the starfish asked the fairy to carry him to the water.

'Dad, can you please come here?' he shouted above the crashing of the waves.

A huge old man with a fish tale came out of the water. He was wearing the biggest crown Rainbow had ever seen.

'Will you talk to this kind lady's boss? Tell her she was just trying to help?'

Neptune listened to their story and smiled. Later that day, he had a long talk with the Queen of the Fairies.

Rainbow didn't get in trouble. In fact, she got a medal for her kindness.

Recognized

Author Notes
There's something up with the artwork. On Safari I see a pug, on Mozilla a fairy. So if you see the pug, I apologize, that's not the picture I uploaded.

     

© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement