FanStory.com - Wish Upon A Starby Raul1
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Making wishes come true.
Wish Upon A Star by Raul1
Stars Short Story Contest writing prompt entry

I watch my star at night with my mom. She tells me it is a Wishing Star. Upon this star, I make a wish to be somebody. Both of us
watch the night sky. It travels from north to south sparkling wishing dust all upon us. She tells me that stardust is to make wishes. I ask her if the two words mean the same. She tells me yes. I start to feel the wishing dust in me like the rest. My mom feels it also.

I came to believe that the star's name is Wishing Star. It travels from a place far away for giving us wishes. I am happy this thing will make my dreams come true. Lots of people travel to this park to get their wishes. They believe in dreams come true as I do. My mom and I are happy. The Wishing Star will make sure of it that we get what all of us want. I wish to be an astronomer someday. It will come true. All of our dreams will come true. There is no need for worries. The only thing to do is hope for the best. My name is Gary. My mom's first name is Daisy. All of us have to believe in ourselves. It is all the Wishing Star wants for us. If I can do it, so can you.

My mom tells me that the Wishing Star has so many histories. I ask her can she tell me its life stories. She tells me I will tell you when the time is right. I think what she means that at the time I need to be here with her to explain it to me. Wonderful stories I can't wait to hear about the Wishing Star. I will never forget this glorious night. It will last a lifetime for me and you as well. Always believe in yourself and strive to be better. Make a wish at a Wishing Star.


Writing Prompt
Pick a star, any star you wish--a new star, a dying star, the North star, a shooting star, etc.--and write the myth or legend of how it came into existence. Write it in 550 words or less.

Author Notes
This fiction short story is to inspire. I hope that you enjoy this story. Enjoy! Happy reading.
331 words counted.

     

© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement