FanStory.com - And Away We Go!by Deniz22
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
What happens in the Rapture?
And Away We Go! by Deniz22

The Apostle Paul revealed the Rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14:








"But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus."

COMMENT: please note, when Christ comes in the Rapture, "He will bring WITH Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus."

In other words, Christians who have died since the birth of the church at Pentecost have gone immediately to Heaven, while their bodies remained in the grave.

 This is how the Bible depicts death for the Christian.

(2 Corinthians 5:8) We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord

This follows, since Jesus promised whoever believes in Him will never die.

(John 11:25)
 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live),

RAPTURE SCRIPTURE: 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18:

"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.


Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

COMMENT: Here we have the order of the Rapture;

1. Christ alone comes in the air with the souls of Christians who have died. He remains in the clouds, not descending to earth.

2. He raises their bodies from the grave, transforming them into glorious bodies like His own
resurrection body and reuniting their new born-again selves with their transformed bodies.

3. Next, believers still living will not even experience death but will be completely and instantly
transformed into their eternal state.

Here's how the Apostle John describes this final transformation of every believer;

"Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be,
but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is."

(1 John 3:2 NKJV)

COMMENT: Next, the Apostle Paul shared this SCRIPTURE truth about believers who are still alive when Christ comes for us (called a mystery because previously unknown).

"Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed-- in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:51-52 NKJV)

COMMENT: Paul includes himself as someone who might still be alive when the Rapture happens, thus underscoring this great event is imminent. It could have happened when Paul was alive, so he was right to expect it, even though it hasn't happened yet.

How much MORE should we believers be anticipating this great manifestation of Christ's love for His church and His great power in snatching us away from the wrath to come in the Tribulation?

One last note; those who believe the Rapture is imminent and will be both a personal and cooperate glorious event, will find it has a salutary effect on their lives.

SCRIPTURE: "And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." (1 John 3:3 NKJV)

Brothers and sisters, let us believe God's sure Word and be blessed! Soon we shall be caught up in the clouds of glory with our Savior, and so shall we ever be with the Lord!

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement