FanStory.com - 'Deans Raven'by Chrissy710
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Sonnet for Dean
Remembering Dean
: 'Deans Raven' by Chrissy710

Macabre he loved; with pen he'd write the scenes
for graphic shock he'd add blood curdling screams.
And while we read a chill ran down our spines
yet mesmerized by all his scary lines.

A master poet Dean was quite unique
his work displayed a passionate technique.
His ghosts and ghouls they jumped right off the page
descriptive words with rhyme he would engage.

And yet we know the real Dean could not hide
big hearted, generous, he was inside.
He loved his God; and firmly he believed
that when his time was up he'd be received.

We're richer for this man that we have known.
Farewell our friend; the Raven takes you home.

Christine 28/8/2019

 

Recognized

Author Notes
A Sonnet to our friend Dean Kuch who has sadly passed away and leaves this site big shoes to fill.
When I first joined FanStory I read Deans work and loved his quirky, rivetting poetry always written with a passion and told the best horror stories in his fabulous presentations that engaged the readers. I quickly became a fan as many others here and have enjoyed Deans work over the past few years.

I was lucky enough to do a FanStory Haiku class with Dean and enjoyed chatting to him online during the classes and enjoyed his support also. Dean was very generous and encouraging to myself and I was thrilled when he awarded me his first six for one of my earlier poems. 'Wow' the number one poet liked my work he made me feel so happy.

I know Dean had struggled with his health of late and I hope he is at peace and may his poetry live on for ever in our hearts. 'Thank You' our friend RIP

Like other I felt the need to do a tribute to him so Thanks to Robyn Corum for being such a great organiser for this project.

Thank you for reading my work

Thank you to Mr Jones for the image Raven in Colour.

Christine 28/8/2019

     

© Copyright 2024. Chrissy710 All rights reserved.
Chrissy710 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement