FanStory.com - diva gamesby judester
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a flash non~ fiction
diva games by judester
Flash Non-Fiction writing prompt entry
Artwork by suzannethompson2 at FanArtReview.com

When I was cooking for young volunteers visiting Zanzibar, one 'spur of the moment' yell became our funny little tradition. At some point during each two~week stint, I would take the dramatic stance, a deep breath and yell in Tarzan fashion, "DIIIVA!"

It was so funny because I am quite the opposite of a diva.

A few years later, I visited the village once again to see some friends. The evening sky was streaked with purplish red as the sun set into the ocean.

Along the soft, sandy beach, some local children played a run and catch game with great enthusiasm. Their laughter and joyous yells carried merrily on the salty breeze to me.

I sat on a rock and watched the children play against the vast backdrop of sunset drama.

It took me awhile to realize that each time they captured one another, in victory, they would yell, "Divvva!"


Writing Prompt
Write a flash non-fiction story that uses 150 words. That is the challenge of this contest. Write a story (on any topic) using exactly 150 words. The title does not count towards the word count. Online word processor is an estimate only. We recommend the use of a computer word processor to count the words. Enter for your chance at the winner take all prize.

Author Notes
Thanks to suzannethompson2 for the artwork. True story, to see these little kids yelling diva with such enthusiasm made me laugh.

     

© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement