FanStory.com - Jesus' Favoriteby Deniz22
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
words from the disciple Jesus loved
Jesus' Favorite by Deniz22

Some believe the Apostle John was Jesus' "favorite" believer because John often referred to himself as "that disciple whom Jesus loved".

However, looking at scripture reveals this to be an erroneous conclusion.

It is the Apostle John himself who points to the truth of God's complete love for EVERY believer...indeed, with the very same love He has for His only begotten Son, Jesus!

Can we grow in this awareness of God's deep, eternal love for the least of the saints to the greatest?

Isn't this what John did and continued to do?

Do we catch the air of believing incredulity behind this Word from the aged Apostle?

1 John 3: Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!

I believe we can say the Apostle John would never claim Christ loved him more than others.

However, we can see John remained in awe of the love of God for all His blood-bought children.

Let us claim the love of the Father for us today, right now, because of what Christ did to remove sin from us in the Father's eyes.

We shall not struggle to be humble in our own strength; the incredibly powerful, amazing love of God, experienced, brings true humility.

Let us "keep
ourselves in the love of God" while remembering, "we love Him because He first loved us!"

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement