FanStory.com - The bestway to relaxby Sasha
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Another day of pampering
The bestway to relax by Sasha


 
Those of you who have read this prologue before can skip it and go straight to the story below the blue asterisks.
 
This is another Smurphy Ramble.  For those of you who do not know what a Ramble is, here is a not-so-brief description.  A Ramble is just that, a ramble.  Merriam Webster defines ‘ramble’ as talking or writing in a desultory or long-winded wandering fashion, excessively and/or in an incoherently or a meaninglessly and repetitious manner.  Please note, my rambles are often pointless, filled with worn out clichés and long winded sentences that occasionally lead nowhere.  In addition, end of sentence prepositions is no longer considered poor English (Google it, you will learn I am right.)  Also, please note fragmented sentences are necessary in my Rambles, so just deal with it.  Think of us as sitting at an outside café, so no complaints about there not being enough dialogue in this post.  Since I am doing all the talking, it is all dialogue.  Keeping this in mind, shall we begin?  There have been a few comments on my Rambles not having any social commentary – if you want social commentary, I recommend going to CNN Online.  I am using bold print because I cannot see the print without it.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
Today’s Ramble is going to be a short one
.
 
 
I woke this morning, as I always do and decided I needed a little pampering. Some of you may recall my previous Ramble about a lovely day I spent last year pampering myself.
 
The first thing I did was get a manicure and pedicure.  They are very cheap her and both came to less than 12$ US.  I then decided I was ready for a full body massage at the shop around the corner.  To my surprise, I received several compliments on my oh so short hair.  Most seem to think I have it short because of the hot weather.  Mexican woman love their long hair and keep it up off the shoulders and back to lessen the heat it accumulates.  Summer is not totally here yet.  It is definitely hot but Summer is not official until October and November arrives.  It doesn’t start cooling down until the end of December.
 
I do miss the changing of seasons but have started to get used to it being Spring all year round.
 
Hot days inspire the need for self-pampering.  I always feel better after spending the day treating myself to a gentle massage and a pedicure and manicure, topped off with a soothing salt bath.  A salt bath is when you lay down on a table and a masseuse sprays you with clean, warm water and scrubs off all the dried salt on your skin.  Living so close to the ocean pulls the salt from the ocean and it sticks to the skin.  This not only dries out your skin but creates a perfect atmosphere for a severe sunburn; something you want to avoid
 
I had a great time today and plan to go to bed early and get another good night’s sleep.  The whole day’s various pampering came to less than $25 US dollars. Believe me when I say it was well worth every penny.  I think I will plan to have a day of pampering every month.  I always feel great afterward and I cannot beat the price.
 

 

Recognized

Author Notes
You know the drill. My sight is getting worse and I have trouble just typing and can barely see the screen to do my own editing. I use my word spell-check and the FS spell check but they seem to miss everything. Any assistance you can offer with editing this will be greatly appreciate. Also, sorry I didn't promote this much since I am low on money and pumps.

     

© Copyright 2024. Sasha All rights reserved.
Sasha has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement