FanStory.com - On Decoding Dreamsby Rachelle Allen
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
They can be much scarier than reality!
A Fly on the Wall
: On Decoding Dreams by Rachelle Allen

June 9, 2015

Supposedly, there's all kinds of symbols and deep-rooted meanings behind our dreams. Today that thought walks the fine line for me between being "rather disturbing" and "just plain hilarious."

Here's the dream:

I was carrying my pet fish --a huge, silvery, bug-eyed, big-lipped creature (and p.s. I have no pet fish. My pet cat, Flurry Allen, would disapprove of any such commodity), holding it like a baby, face-to-face, my arms wrapped around it.

It began to give off a fish odor, which, in wakefulness, I realize, is not so unusual, since it is, after all, a fish. But in my dream, it was cause for alarm. My Little Voice was telling me something was not right with my fish-baby.

So I fed it a big mouthful of my tuna fish sandwich, and then it went all limp and pale and died. I put it down on a metal table and walked away.

According to Lauri, an online "dream analyzer,":

Baby = a real-life responsibility. Are you handling something for someone else? Are the people around you childish? Do you need to pay attention to your inner child?

Feeding = this is about your ability to nurture a particular project, idea, or relationship.

Bite, biting = Has someone around you said something hurtful or critical that wounded your feelings? Are you the one saying hurtful things? Biting also suggests that something that is a bad situation.

Gigantic/large = something blown out of proportion. Overwhelming.

Table = hunger for emotional nourishment. Fellowship, family time. Honesty, as in "laying your cards on the table."

Dying fish = something in your life you're struggling to keep alive. Can also symbolize a responsibility you have.



I think it means I'm glad yesterday was the Recital, and I'm finally on vacation. It's right.

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Rachelle Allen All rights reserved.
Rachelle Allen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement