FanStory.com - Avoiding Rain:Drowns In the Seaby Deniz22
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Hypocrites are not the worst
Avoiding Rain:Drowns In the Sea by Deniz22

Many a sinner, many a time, has said to me,
I can't believe Christ: there are hypocrites, you see.

A spurious argument and foolish to embrace,
There's never a reason to reject God's grace.

It's strange that the presence of the false, for you,
Doesn't argue for the real thing, and the true.

The fact of the counterfeit bill among the real twenty
Never stopped anyone from saying, "Give me plenty!"

How silly and hypocritical, to let THEM decide for you,
since you are such a stickler for only what's true.

Thousands of believers at Judgment will worship Him,
will you point to Judas, saying "I don't, because of him?"

 

Recognized

Author Notes
Hypocrisy is an on-going evil that must be combated in every field, yet should not ever be an excuse not to receive Christ. And the fact is, that what one sees in another person and labels "hypocrisy" may only be a weakness.

The Christian life is a growing experience starting with being "born again". Just as our children stumble and fall in learning to walk, so does the Christian. The fool who points at the failures of Christians as an excuse to never become one is hypocritical himself.

He poses he is such a sincere, honest person, he simply couldn't be a part of something that had "fakers" involved! Yet such a conviction never stops him from associating with them in many other venues.

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement