FanStory.com - FS High Schoolby Rikki66
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How fanstor makes me feel occassionally
FS High School by Rikki66

FS High School

I love Fan Story but at times it makes me feel as if I have returned to high school. There are rules for many things including reviewing it must be 150 characters, this is damned hard when reviewing a 50-word story when one word would suffice. Exceptional! I write more to say that than the words of the original story.

Then there are the people the either do not care or do not know how to set a font. I am seventy-three and print smaller than 16pica is hard to read. When it gets in the 10 to 12 range, I tend to give up for I am having to read the same passage over and over.

Then we have the people that do not separate thought into concise sentences or paragraphs. These are the same persons that use the smallest font. How can I impart my wisdom and wit if I cannot read the post?

When you post a story or poem it is put to the bottom of the list and you are told you are on page two or three and will only get one or two reviews unless you pump the story up. This cost money; money that is earned by reviewing. So, I review and see writers on page two or three with fifteen or more reviews, How? Are they in a clique a club or just lucky? Do they know secrets the rest of us have yet to learn?

I keep trying hoping that someday I may be at the table with the cool kids.

Author Notes
A few rambles on a hot Tuesday afternoon.

     

© Copyright 2024. Rikki66 All rights reserved.
Rikki66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement