FanStory.com - Termite Palaceby heavenempress
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A lifetime dream realised
Termite Palace by heavenempress

"Look, there is no longer any light!" Prince Barny shouts at the top of his voice, warning swarms of crispy-winged princes and princesses who proudly fill the night. He watches in horror his innocent colleagues being pounced and swallowed. He notes how helpless the exterior was after a lifetime desire to encounter the marvelous light.

The light was something so huge and it makes their wings look so golden and shiny. Prince Barny cherishes the beautiful images of his friends as they float in the air. He cast his eyes upwards and sees the woman he had grown to love enjoying herself in the company of her friends. She had mastered the technique of flapping her wings up and down ensuring a comfortable balance in the air. He remembers her anxious face before leaving the dark dwellings underground.
The dramatic flight was curtailed by the ravaging and devouring predators which ensures the nuptial voyage brief. When the light dims off, he waves to her princess to follow his direction. Each had to search for a partner to descend and invade the virgin territory together. Within a few minutes, the two came to rest, crashing onto the damp soil.
"The outside is so beautiful. Am really enjoying the adventure," she exclaimed as she marveled the spectacular gigantic sky and the surroundings. Princess Sally trots behind Prince Barny, and he keeps quiet pondering their fate. He knows that Sallyis overwhelmed by the beauty of the places forgetting the imminent danger which both are in. He darts through the surrounding shelter structures to settle before any catastrophic encounter with the predators. The ground predators --ants, are small and powerless on their own but deadly when in their numbers. He had heard stories of their cruel clinging bites. Barny finds a nightlong temporary shelter in a big, cone-shaped hut with the smell of strawberry striking. Sally dashes off into the corner in childish- delight, returning with two big pieces of strawberry pies. The stalk- made beds float in the air along with colorful bubbles. Sally jumps into one of the dangling, velvet beds and her slim body appear swallowed in and she shouts back at Barny,

"Come and join the fun!"

Barny calls out, "Checking the library for treasure maps."

The following morning, Sally's wonder world is fulfilled. The flowers and trees are made of silk with streams that flowed sweetly as milk. They pass the little walnut-made round huts. The flowers of chocolate and candy grow into a mist of mesmerizing hue. She imagines the sweetness and beauty as Barny describes to her. The silver thread paths wind up a dazzling, colored hill. A place rich in jewels and gold is the land for kings and queens where fairies and elves begin.
Reaching out on the blades of the morning grass, Sally admires the metallic shades of rainbow stripe rising on the horizon. In excitement, Barny drops the book of maps in front of her.
"Look, That's the place we should reach before sunset," he said, "It's called the Triangle Circle. The door opens and closes once in twenty-five years".
"That's our little kingdom beyond the Triangle Circle," Sally chimes in.
"It's the safest place for you and me,"
"We are going to meet grandpa and grandma," she cries out.
"Sure, Sally! Let's go!" Off they go.
The magical kite seizes them from the ground and takes them away into the heights of the sky towards the golden hill.
"Can't believe that we are in the air without wasting our energy out," Sally said, "It's exciting indeed".
"It gets funnier if we consider entering the next realm of the air," he exclaimed as the kite responds to the command. Cutting across the vast skies, the swift, kite roll coasted westwards towards the horizon of the sunset. The winds flag off their hair and their scarves trail behind.

Moments thereon, the Triangle Circle beams from a distance and with only a slight opening, it makes the kite squeeze and fit through. Mushroom -clustered houses scatter everywhere from the valley with cheese-molded alleys in- between. The houses gather up towards a broad, sparkling highway leading to the Royal Palace. The kite makes a halt on the entryway, drops them off and finds its way out of the place. Sally and Barny amazement cripples their tongues numb as they cherish the beauty of the place.

A few months on, Queen Sally has grown big and ugly like a gigantic fat grub. She no longer sits on her throne but she lay openly in the palace court where she lays between five thousand and thirty thousand eggs daily. A colony of palace servants tirelessly race up and down ensuring that Queen Sally is comfortable and keeps on producing eggs. The dozens of eggs hatch into pale white larvae and develop into either soldiers or workers. The sound of their movement emits melodious rhythm which swiftly echoes back the palace walls producing good music for the egg-producing queen.

A legion of palace servants takes charge of food gathering in the nearby woods outside the palace and mound repair and maintenance to the palace court. The minor soldiers escort the legion of palace workers in the gathering of food. Only a handful of chosen maids feed and groom the royal pair. The palace guards are the last defense against the invasion of the palace.

Queen Sally rather feed on a simple breakfast of cereals and cheese sandwiches. She favors the heavy lunch of rice and roasted potatoes with salads. Mutton is her preferred meat and she ate picked as much as five slices. During the evening supper, Queen Sally eat a jar full of mixed fruits and a sauce of vegetables with one or two meatballs. King Barny could think of the first days when she loved nature and chased the winds, caressed the warm grass, and loved the sights of nature, going out and tried mountain climbing. Now she has grown old and waned from the years' reproduction of eggs.

Three years on, the aging King Barny and Queen Sally lighten up in a garden picnic away from their daily duties. The palace is a place of beauty now with gold-domed towers and an open porch at the front held up with flamboyantly decorated pillars painted in brilliant white. flowery bushes hedge the courtyard. Colonies of soldiers, workers and palace maidservants testified to a long period of hard work.

They cherish the dazzling view, decorated with a sunset golden line across the horizon. A moment of rejuvenation dawns on them as a youthful melody pops from past memory;

Queen Sally: Fly high, ascend the fantasy staircase
Admirable King, Queen's escort
An anthill is a king's home
Fine-tune to make it a lovely palace
Na! Na! Na! Barny.
King Barny: Fine strands of hair turn grey
Ever- smiling though hard-pressed
Like grape squeeze for fruit
Flowers of offspring, the empire fill
La! La! La! Sally.

The grateful couple embraces the last moments of their lives in peace and fulfillment.






Author Notes
Inspired by termites Life cycle and Life Span.

     

© Copyright 2024. heavenempress All rights reserved.
heavenempress has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement