FanStory.com - The Lady Of The Houseby LisaMay
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Breakfast is served in 75 words.
The Lady Of The House by LisaMay
75 Words Flash Fiction contest entry



The aristocratic lady of the house saunters nonchalantly into the dining room, dressed to the nines in her best fur coat. She is ready for her morning repast before the dull duties of the day intrude. 

The diligent serving maid has placed delicacies on the finest china for her approval. Liquid refreshment is ready also. Breakfast is served.

But what is this? Take-aways?? How very undignified. My damn cat has caught her own disgusting breakfast.


Recognized

Author Notes
Author's Note:
I have added this note to explain the word 'take-aways'. I did not realise it was a British term until it was pointed out to me that US people might not understand it.
It is food that is prepared then taken away to be consumed elsewhere. You probably call it 'fast food'. In the context of this story, the cat has found her own 'fast food', probably a mangled mouse, and brought the 'take-away' home for breakfast.

     

© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement