FanStory.com - Aftermathby Bill Schott
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The President learns of the disastrous events.
Assassin Nation
: Aftermath by Bill Schott
Artwork by cakemp55 at FanArtReview.com

Samantha Anthra, special advisor to President Sullivan, entered the oval office with great apprehension. The message she had for him was not good and would require quick and quiet resolution.

"What is it, Sam?  Any word from Connor? Where's the Vice-President? How's your mom?"

"Good morning, sir. Something has come up."

"Your mother alright?"

"Yes, sir. Thank you for asking."

President Sullivan turned to face the woman. She had been his adviser since the first election and had been one of the best at keeping him informed and ready to meet and interact with people on a daily basis. Her mother had known Sonny Sullivan in another life. Their friendship had eventually led to Samantha's introduction, interview, and selection as personal adviser to the President.

"What about Happy Mc  Happington?" he asked.

"Sir?" she asked, not recognizing the name.

"The VP. Red Appleton. Where is he right now?"

"Vice-president Appleton is at a senate vote right now, Mr. President." 

"Fine. Whatever.  Where's Connor?"

Samantha paused and sought for the words to use.

"Sir, Mr. Connor has not returned from the training area. There has been some trouble there and we have no joy with communications."

"Get me Rusty Pipes. Now!" he snapped.

"Sir, Mr. Pipes has been out of contact since yesterday. C.C.-- uh -- Mr. Connor went to the training area explicitly to deal with an urgent situation there."

"What do you know of it?"

"Nothing other than he took twenty armed soldiers with him and told me to tell you that if he wasn't back by now -- he wouldn't be back."

"Get General Keller on a secure line. Whoever falls in the chain of command after Rusty Pipes needs to be in this office ten minutes ago. Find a bottle of Johnny Walker and ten glasses."

"Ten glasses, sir?"

"I don't want to pause to pour, and drinking straight from the bottle is reserved for World War III."
 
 
 
These chapters are promoted for the next four days at 10/12.



 









 

Recognized

Author Notes
Thanks to cakemp55 for use of the image

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement