FanStory.com - Scene at an Auto Repair Facilityby Bill Schott
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Pons meets Ned at local car repair garage
Scenes
: Scene at an Auto Repair Facility by Bill Schott
Story of the Month contest entry


Pons arrives at a mechanic's garage to check on his car repairs. Ned is sitting in a waiting room.

Pons: Hi, Ned. What brings you here today?  I didn't know you had a car.

Ned:  Howdy, Cuz. Nah, I ain't got no car. Most places I kin get to on by bike-a-cel.

Pons: Bicycle?

Ned: That the way them Franch folk say it?  We call it a bike-a-cel here in the U.S. of A.

Pons: I wasn't speaking French, Ned.

Ned: Are ya talkin' it now?  'Cause I kin unnerstan it clear as a bell.



Pons: Changing the subject. Great, Ned. Well, my car's in getting the wheels rotated and front end aligned.

Ned: I thunk the wheels rotated when ya roll down the road?



Pons: Of course, Ned.  I mean they take them off the car and put them in another place.

Ned:  Seems ta me they work purdy good where they are.



Pons:  Well, sure, Ned. They'll still be on the car, just the rear tires will be on the front and the front tires in the back.

Ned:  Then I guess ya hafta drive 'round backerds?



Pons:  No -- ah, yeah, Ned.

Ned:  That'd git a bit tiresome, I reckon.  Hey! TIRE-some! I made a joke, Pons.



Pons:  Yes, Ned. It was WHEEL funny. 

Ned
With a blank stare.  I thunk so too.


Pons:  Looks like they're almost done, Ned.

Ned
Looking across the garage. Oh, yeah, I see it there now.  Nobody could tell them er on backerds. Wasn't you sposed ta git a ell-linement?


Pons:  An alignment? Yeah, Ned. They did that after they rotated the tires.

Ned:  Where's them lines then?  Ya might wanna check an' make sure them boys done it.



Pons: I know these folks, Ned. I trust them.

Ned
Nodding his head and scratching the top.  Okay then, Pons. Ya got yer tires ropotated, but they look the same, and some unvisible lines put on.  I guess ya got yer money's worth.


Pons:  Right, Ned. So, where are you off to now?

Ned:  I'm gonna disconnect the brake on my bike-a-cel and try ridin' it backerds fer awhile.

Pons:  That sounds a little dangerous, Ned.  Don't throw caution to the wind.

Ned:  I'll be okay, Pons. I always throw that caution downwind. 












 

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement