FanStory.com - A Tough Grandmaby Heather Knight
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Talking to Jimmy
A Tough Grandma by Heather Knight

'Nana, are you a frog?' little Jimmy asked, his eyes shaped like a big question mark.

'No, my darling, why would you ask that?'

'Because your voice is hoarse and sometimes you croak.'

'No, sweet pea. I don't croak, I just clear my throat,' the old lady said and covered her mouth with her hand so that Jimmy couldn't see she was smiling. It wouldn't be a good idea to encourage him.

'Nana, are you a hippo then?' Jimmy asked. He scratched his head wonderingly and waited for an answer.

'Nooo,' his grandmother said. She was a tough lady, but she could feel the sting. She made an effort to remain calm.

'Why do you ask that?'

'Because you are quite enormous and have long baths.'

There was silence for a while. Jimmy thought, his grandma hoped the conversation was over. No such luck though...

'Nana, I know. You are a turtle!'

'Why do you say that? Is it because I'm slow and wrinkly?'

'Nah! It's because you are loving and gentle like my Thomas. Sometimes I even think you have a shell like him: no matter what I say to you, you never cry.'

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement