FanStory.com - Dinner and a Show by zeezeewriter
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
First date.
Dinner and a Show by zeezeewriter
Flash Fiction contest entry

Brad called again. "One date," he said. "Dinner and a show."

Brenda considered the consequences: A fun evening, or regret.

"No sex," she answered back.

"How about a sexy movie?"

He laughed.

She giggled.

They met.

Their waiter, Trenton, recommended the Chateaubriand for two. Brenda wanted rare. Brad wanted well-done. Trenton suggested the Pasta Primavera for two with a house salad. Perfect.

"Dessert?" Trenton asked.

"No thanks," Brenda said, "I'm watching my weight."

Brad had a double chocolate brownie.

Off to the movies.

Brenda wanted romance or comedy.

Brad chose a foreign film. Lots of subtitles, lots of sex.

Fifteen minutes into the film, Brenda excused herself. "I need a bathroom break," she said. Instead, she returned to the restaurant.

"Did you forget something?" Trenton asked.

"Yes, my dessert. I'll have a double chocolate brownie, with extra whipped cream."

Brenda savored each morsel of chocolate delight. "No regrets," she decided.






Author Notes
Flash Fiction contest. Any topic. 150 words.

     

© Copyright 2024. zeezeewriter All rights reserved.
zeezeewriter has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement