FanStory.com - Before I Go...by Y. M. Roger
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Never pass up family opportunities...never.
Before I Go... by Y. M. Roger
Flash Fiction contest entry

“Be brief.” He stood, waiting patiently.
 
First stop, Caitlyn’s room. I hated to miss her end-of-the-year school play. But I had finished her costume and sat through dress rehearsal this morning. I blew her a kiss.
 
Bobby’s door was shut. I walked into his inner sanctum. How many times had I come in here uninvited? But we had our best conversations then, like the one yesterday after his game. His tourney this weekend would be my first absence. I ‘air’ high-fived and turned away.
 
My husband was snoring, as always. I stood beside the bed and savored the face of the most understanding man on this Earth – so glad we had dinner at the airport earlier.
 
“Love you,” I whispered.
 
My prayer as the plane had plummeted to the ground had been that I be able to say good-bye.
 
I thanked the patient angel as we stepped into the light.

 

Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you for reading me. :)

Image from Google Images.

     

© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement