FanStory.com - Dearestby Helena Frances
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Can you hear me now?
Dearest by Helena Frances
Where is She Coming From? writing prompt entry
Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

"Dearest, would this be of interest to you?"
"It's an article about a class for couples to improve their communication skills. I think it might be helpful for us, as sometimes I don't think I make myself clear when we discuss some things. Like yesterday, when I told you how upset I was that Donna hadn't invited me to her new Bridge group. I know I don't play Bridge, but I could learn, and she's supposed to be my friend. You only said 'But you don't play cards.' That's not the point, I just wanted you to agree with me."

"And last week, when I was feeling sad that Charlie hardly ever calls us, you said that he's a grown man with a wife, children, and a demanding job -- that his weekly call is commendable. You didn't understand."

"And when I really want to talk about feelings you just sit there, without any response, other than barely glancing up from your newspaper."

"So, dearest, would this class be of interest to you?"

"Dearest ...... dearest?"


Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with the sentence: "Dearest, would this be of interest to you?"

Author Notes
Communication is an art.

     

© Copyright 2024. Helena Frances All rights reserved.
Helena Frances has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement