FanStory.com - The Trialby Sally Law
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Not far from reality.
The Trial by Sally Law
Flash Fiction contest entry

I stood, still in handcuffs, before the judge.

Due process was gone, and the one who would speak for my defense was not allowed.

No chair was offered me, and many were waiting to watch the proceedings. The media was present covering the spectacle.

The jury was comprised of those with no souls, or a drop of compassion.

"What is the charge here today?"

"She is a Christian, speaks and writes about her so-called God. This is forbidden in our society."

"What do you have to say for yourself?" sneered the judge.

I looked him in the eyes. "I am as you say."

The jury was in agreement and no deliberation was called for. "From her own lips she admitted her guilt."

"The death penalty it is."

The gavel came down hard.

"Next in line."

Recognized

Author Notes
This is not far from being a reality in the United States. Those with morals and values are already being persecuted in the public setting; denied free speech and peaceful assembly. It continues to progress.

Art is called, Light in the Darkness by Neilnapp 773 of FanArt Review.

     

© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement