FanStory.com - Antiquarianby June Sargent
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Teacup Dictionary Entry
Antiquarian by June Sargent
Try a Teacup Dictionary writing prompt entry

Antiquarian
Historical
Archaic
Valued
Rare
Glorified hoarding


Writing Prompt
In a teacup dictionary poem, the dictionary word is the title. Each following line must define the word, but drops one syllable per line, starting with the first line descending until there is a one syllable word that defines the dictionary word.
The last line must have the same number of syllables as the dictionary word and makes an observation about the dictionary word or the preceding lines. The poem is usually centered on the page.

The teacup dictionary poem was created by Rose Jones in 2009.
Anorexia (five syllables)
Low self-esteem (four syllables)
Too skinny (three syllables)
Starving (two syllables)
Waif (one syllable)
Dying to be thin (five syllables and observation)

Here's another one (centered like a teacup!):
Insecurities
feel not so sure
you are poor
self-doubt
hides
Never quite certain.

Both of these have FIVE syllables for the dictionary word because that is the MINIMUM for this contest -- your dictionary word can have as many syllables as you like, just follow the "one-less/then last" rules when composing! ;) ;) Most of all, have fun with it and try to impress us! :) :)

     

© Copyright 2024. June Sargent All rights reserved.
June Sargent has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement