FanStory.com - Shredderby Lordinajamjar
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Without introduction Banksy.
Shredder by Lordinajamjar
5-7-5 Poetry contest entry

Banksy you prankster

mysterious ways master

oh how great thou art

Recognized

Author Notes
This haiku is an homage to Banksy who is an anonymous infamous English graffiti street artist. In the dead of night his works appear as if by magic on the sides of walls and buildings across the UK and other parts of the world. Notably on the Palestinian side of the wall that separates the state of Israel from the Gaza strip. His works sell for thousands of dollars which is ironic since he is anti art establishment. I entitled my haiku Shredder in recognition of an incident that took place at Sothebys auction house when they were auctioning one if his famous works Girl Holding a Red Balloon. As the gavel went down to confirm the sale a paper shredder hidden inside the frame of the painting was activated and shredded most of the painting in front of a shocked audience.
The entire scene was caught on camera and I invite you to check it out for yourself on You tube. The buyer still went ahead with the purchase.

     

© Copyright 2024. Lordinajamjar All rights reserved.
Lordinajamjar has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement