FanStory.com - It All Adds Upby Brigitte Elko
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
It's tax time!
It All Adds Up by Brigitte Elko
Pick a title from the list provided writing prompt entry

It's that time of year!
Rummaging through all the receipts and paperwork and compiling them into neat little stacks is a daunting task that needs to be done. The IRS is waiting to hear from you and hoping to fill its bank to the hilt while you are a waiting for a nice hearty refund check.
Preliminary work done, you sit down and start the process. Oh, my goodness is your thought. Deductions are your primary concern but hard to come by. Claim this, toss that, write on the proper line the amount that is valid.
After scrutinizing all the liabilities and assets in the proper columns, the time has come to add it all up.
Hesitating, it's time for the fateful tally. Lifting the pen and clacking the keys on the calculator, it all adds up.
"What?" you yell out. "No refund?" You tell yourself, "This can't be. Let's do it again."
The second time around, it all adds up. You owe !!



Writing Prompt
Choose one of the following titles.

Asking For It
Cut the Cord
State of My Head
Outcast
How Did You Love
It All Adds Up
Oblivion
Dangerous
Thick as Thieves
Black Cadillac
Misfits

Where does the title take you?

Get writing: poem, fiction, essay, whatever you like!
200 words maximum word count.

The title of your work MUST be the title you chose from the list. (There shouldn't be any confusion in the booth for duplicate entries of title, as your name will be displayed alongside your entry.)

Artwork and author notes welcome.

Author Notes
This time of year can be stressful because taxes have to be filed in a timely manner. April 15th is the day.

     

© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement