FanStory.com - Double Troubleby LisaMay
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
To some people, image is everything.
Double Trouble by LisaMay
Dualing Dribbles writing prompt entry

ALL IS VANITY

Jim came riding his powerful motorbike – all chrome and confrontation – along the boulevard, its throbbing engine dominating the airwaves. He certainly got everyone’s attention. While admiring his reflection in store windows, he smacked into the back of a car stopped at the traffic lights. Pride goeth before a fall – dented.


MIRROR, MIRROR ...

Rachel drove along the boulevard from the motor dealership in her shiny brand new car, occasionally glancing sideways to see if other motorists were noticing. Braking to a halt at the traffic lights, she flipped down the mirror and reapplied her lipstick. Crunch! The car jerked forward. Her lipstick smeared.



Writing Prompt
Write a pair of Dribble (50-word) Fictions that have nothing in common except their focus. For example, each Dribble could be the thoughts of two different athletes preparing for a marathon - the marathon is the thing they have in common. The possibilities are endless, but the challenge is to choose something to entertain and really capture the attention of the voters!

Author Notes
This story is based on a situation that did happen to me. No, I wasn't the chick in the car. I have changed the person to be a man (and also the bike wasn't a Harley), but when I got my first motorbike, I was so pleased and could hardly believe it was really me so I kept looking in store windows to see myself.
And then I really did run up the back of a car!! What a blow to the ego to be noticed for all the wrong reasons.
A good lesson to pay attention though. They do say that the best way to learn is to undergo a jolly big fright.

     

© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement