FanStory.com - Happily Ever Afterby Jonadab Ezerie
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
No perfect union, so accept reality and flee from fantasies
Happily Ever After by Jonadab Ezerie

A cry behind a luminous veil
Soaks on a bed of roses and nails
A walk on an aisle of endless trails
Becalmed like a ship with no sails
Trying to save a bond to no avail
With a poisoned notion to fairy tales
It kills dreams when happily ever after fails.

Author Notes
The poem's subject conveys despair and resignation in the face of shattered illusions and failed hopes. In the context of the poem, the speaker seems to be grappling with the aftermath of a failed relationship or unfulfilled love, expressing a sense of disillusionment and resignation. The use of fairy tale imagery suggests a contrast between romantic ideals and harsh reality, while the overall tone conveys a mix of sadness and acceptance. The poem invites reflection on the nature of love, disappointment, and the struggle to reconcile dreams with the complexities of life.
The word choice is rich and expressive, with phrases such as "luminous veil," "bed of roses and nails," and "aisle of endless trails," creating a sense of contrast and conflict. In terms of sound and rhythm, the poem follows a consistent syllabic pattern.

     

© Copyright 2024. Jonadab Ezerie All rights reserved.
Jonadab Ezerie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement