FanStory.com - The Enthusiastic Samaritanby LisaMay
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
100-word story
The Enthusiastic Samaritan by LisaMay
100 Word Story writing prompt entry

"Oh, no! How terrible! I must help!" Janie exclaimed.

Driving past, she spotted the man lying face down on the footpath. He wasn't moving.

Janie was eager to offer assistance. Just this morning she had gained her First Aid certificate and was primed to deal with heart attacks and strokes. Quickly parking her car, Janie rushed to the aid of her emergency patient. With trepidation, she knelt by his side.

"Can you hear me? Can you hear me?"

"Sure can, lady," said the utility worker, rising to his feet after replacing the manhole cover. He'd only been checking a drain.


Writing Prompt
Write a story of 100 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 100 words.

Author Notes
This is the first time I have entered a competition like this. What a great way to get rid of verbosity!
I have counted my work several times and come up with exactly 100 words each time. However the word count when I put the story on Fanstory said "Approximate Word Count: 101" . Huh?? I also noticed it counts paragraph spaces as a word. Huh? Is it not possible to have spaces without them bring counted as words? I stick to my guns I have written 100 words exactly.

     

© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement