FanStory.com - Cracker Croakers by Brett Matthew West
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
FanStory's only Talk Show - #16: EMF Dangers
Cracker Croakers (A Talk Show)
: Cracker Croakers by Brett Matthew West
Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

CANDICE: Welcome to Cracker Croakers for Friday, January 18, 2019. I'm Candice Bergeron, your hostess with the mostest.

COLTON: And, I'm your other host Colton Wyatt.

Candice: Colton, you're the high tech wizard on this show so tell us what this EMF stuff is, why the public needs to be aware of this danger, and what they can do to protect themselves from this unwanted invader.

COLTON: Our modern world is full of people attached to their electronic gadgets. You see them everywhere.

CANDICE: Don't forget, the technology industry is more than happy to keep supplying all the latest unlimited mobility, connection, and convenience innovations it can muster.

COLTON: That includes the 5G generation of infrastructure designed to advance communications to the highest levels yet developed. Toss in smartphones, and smart houses, and the list seems to grow endless.

CANDICE: Not to mention being free from all the wires and plugs that once bound consumers to their favorite electronics. However, isn't there a price to be paid in increased health risks from all this gadgetry? Something called electromagnetic fields.

COLTON: EMFs are continuously generated by all sorts of electronics.

CANDICE: Colton, what exactly are EMFs? Perhaps you could expand on that term for those in our audience who don't know what these health risks are?

COLTON: EMFs are invisible radiation waves permeating from electronic gadgets that fill every corner of modern life. Among these health concerns are broken DNA bonds. There may also be leaks in the blood-brain barrier caused by EMFs. And, the loss of calcium from cellular membranes could occur.

CANDICE: These sound like potentially serious issues, Colton.

COLTON: EMFs sometimes possess imperceptible biological effects, as well as cumulative ones. These may affect your skin, lungs, heart, brain and central nervous system. Electronic pollution can be combatted though. A good resource to learn ways to accomplish this may be to read New York Times Bestselling Author Ann Louise Gittleman's book Zapped, Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn't Be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution.

CANDICE: Colton, were you aware the World Health Organization classifies radiofrequency radiation as an EMF and a Group 2B carcinogen?

COLTON: The potential for the wider spread of this health risk is only going to increase with 5G as companies install millions of transmitters on utility poles and lampposts all around the country. This is going to send unprecedented levels of EMFs into American neighborhoods because these transmitters are being placed much closer to the human population than ever before.

CANDICE: Let's take some questions from our audience members now. How about the gentleman in the plaid shirt there on the front row? Stand up sir, tell us your name, and let us know what's on your mind.

JOHN SYLVESTER: Name's John Sylvester from O'Fallon, Missouri. Out there you have to show us. So, Colton, you said the potential for 5G has grown. Which provider is the best?

COLTON: Verizon was the first provider to attain the 5G goal but AT&T seems to be the global standard. Even Verizon plans to switch out its equipment, allegedly at no cost to consumers.

CANDICE: How about another inquiry from the lady in the second row wearing the green dress. What is your name and where are you from?

VERONICA CARMICHAEL: Hi Candice! My name is Veronica Carmichael. I'm from Terre Haute, Indiana and I never miss your show. My question is I'm looking for high performance in my cell phone. Colton, can I achieve this with 5G?

COLTON: 5G provides high data rates, a higher system capacity, and cost reduction. So, yes Veronica, you get high performance with 5G.

CANDICE: Let's take one final question from our audience today. How about the middle seat on the front row? What is your name and where are you from?

TONY VALENZIA: I'm Tony Valenzia from the Bronx, New York. What harm exactly can EMFs produce?

COLTON: Breast cancer in women, and prostrate cancer in men, have been attributed to EMFs. These frequencies may also contribute to the development of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.

TONY VALENZIA: I heard the boys down at the factory where I work talking around the water cooler one day about this EMF stuff. They said there ain't no proof EMFs can harm you.

COLTON: Industry insiders like to compare the damages of EMFs to second-hand cigarette smoke. And, we all know the hazards of that. However, many more people are subjected to the potential risks of EMFs than second-hand smoke. And, present research findings indicate hormones, melatonin, estrogen, and serotonin are all impacted by EMFs. The slightest alteration of these can result in critical health issues.

CANDICE: People can read about further problems associated with this type of electronic pollution in Dirty Electricity: Electrification and the Diseases of Civilization by Doctor Samuel Milham. So, tell us Colton, what are some ways to minimize the effects of EMFs?

COLTON: EMFs tend to decrease with distance. Therefore, you may want to ditch the electric blanket, maybe switch to a battery-powered alarm clock, or even move your bed away from power outlets. All of these are easy means of cutting down on the amount of EMFs you are exposed to. You may also want to disable your WI-FI router at night and remove digital gadgets from your bedroom.

CANDICE: Is that all a person can do to protect themself, Colton?

COLTON: Smart meters, electric shavers, cordless phones and hair dryers all transmit EMFs. And, one of the biggest culprits are printers with their wireless turned on. This one item alone transmits frequencies in the thousands of microwatts per square meter.

CANDICE: Cell phones are prolific producers of EMFs. Therefore, you may want to use a speakerphone or air tube headset whenever you can. Also, it is highly recommended to never carry your cell phone against your body when the contraption is on.

COLTON: Additionally, opt for a wired computer mouse, a wired keyboard, wired internet, and only turn on WI-FI when needed.

CANDICE: We want our audience members to remember to enjoy their electronics but use them wisely to help keep themselves healthy. That about wraps us up for this edition of Cracker Croakers.

COLTON: In that case smarty-pants, I suppose we better say adieu. She's Candice!

CANDICE: And, he's Colton!

CANDICE AND COLTON: And, we invite you to join us again Monday for another entertaining edition of Cracker Croakers (Featuring Candice and Colton).


Author Notes
Cell Phone Addiction, by seshadri screenivason, selected to complement my script.

So, thanks seshadri sceenivason, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my script.

     

© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement