FanStory.com - Everlasting Loveby BermyBye50
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The greatest love story ever told...
Everlasting Love by BermyBye50
5-7-5 Love Poem writing prompt entry


sempiternal love
eternal, awe-inspiring,
unconditional


Writing Prompt
Write a love story in a poem. Do it in only 17 syllables, using the 5-7-5 format. There are no restrictions or other rules.

Author Notes
A 5-7-5 poem inspired by the following verses:

1 John 4:7-16

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God, and everyone who loves has been born of God, and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be an atonement for our sins. By this was the love of God toward us made known, because God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

***************

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen the Father at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is completed in us.

By this we know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he has given to us of his spirit. And we have seen and bear witness that the Father sent his Son, the Saviour of the world.

Whoever confesses that Yeshua* is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.

*Notes:

The name "Jesus" is an English transliteration of the Greek Iesous, which is a transliteration of the Hebrew Yeshua.

Yeshua [Yeshua (Y'shua) - Y'hoshua (Joshua) meaning YHVH saves -"Elohim will save"]

Iesous, ee-ay-sooce'; of Hebrew origin [Yehowshuwa`];

Yehowshuwa`, yeh-ho-shoo'-ah; or Yehowshu`a, yeh-ho-shoo'-ah; from Hebrew (Yehovah) and Hebrew (yasha`); Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua

     

© Copyright 2024. BermyBye50 All rights reserved.
BermyBye50 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement