FanStory.com - Scene on an Empty Streetby Bill Schott
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a one-scene script
Scenes
: Scene on an Empty Street by Bill Schott

Pez and his younger brother Pallas stand on the empty street of their home town. The village tavern is their backdrop.


Pez: I remember they had a carnival set up out here for the 225th anniversary of the town. Pounded huge tent stakes right through the tarvy.

Pallas: That must have been 2001; right?

Pez: Yeah. It was the summer before nine-eleven.

Pallas: I was twelve then. You must have just graduated.

Pez: I was dating Yvonne and didn't have any money for the rides.

Pallas: Was she the tall, skinny one that Ma didn't like?

Pez: No. Yvonne was the Catholic girl I dated before Cookie.

Pallas: Oh, yeah. She didn't think the Catholic girl was right for you until the other one came along.

Pez: Yeah! Then she seemed desperate to get me to look Yvonne up again.

Pallas: Ma gave you all those brochures on VD.

Pez: How'd you know about that?

Pallas: She gave them to me too.

Pez: Funny times.

Pallas: Ma kept accusing Dad of stealing her old coins. I remember because the carnival was here and the tavern had set up an outside barroom. They were serving kegs and set ups all day. Dad was here a lot. Guess Ma thought he was funding his drinking with her coin collection.

Pez: No kidding? I hadn't heard that.

Pallas: Yeah. I didn't even know she had any old coins.

Pez: That was the year they had that big fight and he moved up north to the cabin for a week.

Pallas: I thought they were getting a divorce.

Pez: I took Yvonne on all the rides. Won her a bear on the midway. Expensive bear.

Pallas: Ma even accused me of taking her coins. I didn't even know she had any. Must have been worth something.

Pez: She kept them in the closet of the back room. Old Franklin coins. Dozens of them. They were way down on the dark end. 


 

Recognized

Author Notes
Image from Google

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement