FanStory.com - War Ragesby scongrove
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series
Sins of Chaos
: War Rages by scongrove

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
Previously . . .

Now that Steven has healed Valkin Steele’s beloved Natasha, of her cancer, in exchange for Abbey, Valkin betrays him and sells her to Cole Decker—a hired tracker that deals in sex trafficking—while Dr. Kruger arrives from Germany to purchase Steven for his special gifts.

When Valkin Steele makes the deal with Dr. Kruger, the corrupt physician and his hired men prepare to retrieve Steven, who is momentarily unconscious, and stashed inside Steele’s wine cellar.

Meanwhile, outside Steele’s estate, a team of Breedline crusaders and a crew of Special Ops prepare to take down Valkin Steele and everyone involved with his evil corruption. But their main focus is rescuing Steven and Abbey, along with twenty under-aged girls that were sold to Cole Decker.


Continued . . .  
        

The members of Colonel Deshazo’s team and the others crept silently through the thickly wooded area, preparing to attack Valkin Steele’s estate. His men were honorable men who’d risked their lives for others. And that included humans, even the very people who sought their death. Their mission was to protect the innocent and hunt the evil, regardless of their species.

They’d spent the last three hours planning for the worst-case scenario and the easiest. The colonel had kept it brief, giving them the rundown on what their plan of action would be. Choosing to reveal their supernatural identity to humans went against the Breedline laws, but in this case, they were left with no choice.

When this was all over, Tim Ross—the head of the Breedline council—knew Tessa would have a serious come-to-Jesus meeting about their decision to go against the Covenant’s True Law. But that was the risk they had to take. After she knew the truth, minus the gory details, she’d understand why they’d chosen this. 

A shift in the air brought awareness in Deshazo’s gut as he gripped his pistol. The others shared a similar feeling of unease as they stopped and sniffed the air like predators on the hunt, stalking their prey. They were halfway to the estate when Deshazo’s blood froze in his veins.

From a short distance away, a thunderous roar shattered the eerie silence of their surroundings followed by sounds of guns firing.

“Get down!” Lena shouted. “Sniper at six o’clock!”

The firefight came out of nowhere. It was fierce and unrelenting. And then Lena shouted, “Bull!”

Bull’s hand went to his thigh and came away wet and sticky. The wound burned like fire. Maintaining a stoic expression, Bull tried to dismiss the gaping hole in his flesh, but his legs buckled beneath him and he crumpled to the ground.

Lena dropped to Bull’s side, visibly distressed by his collapse. Blood coursed from his leg, pooling beneath him. Darkness encroached on his vision, and it was all he could do to keep from passing out from the blood loss.  

Justice closed his eyes. Damn it, no! By the panicked tone of Lena’s voice, her brother had taken a hit.

He scrambled over and dragged Bull behind a thick tree. “Hold on, buddy,” Justice said, scanning over his body until he found blood coming from Bull’s left thigh. “You’re going to be fine. It’s just a flesh wound. It’ll heal in no time.”

Then he smiled, to the shock of Justice and Lena. Bull rarely smiled. “Leave me here,” he said with an edge to his voice. “Go help the others. I’ll be fine.”

“Benjamin Allen Calvero,” Lena snapped, her dark eyes flashing. “I don’t care what you say, I’m not leaving you.”

Justice and Bull came to attention. Only on rare occasions did Lena address her brother by his full name, and this was one of those situations.

Her response was greeted by a couple of hooahs as Kid and Wyckoff came over.

“You tell ‘em, Lena,” Kid piped in. 

“What the hell, Bull?” Jace asked in a low voice as he crouched down beside Lena. “You’re not staying here alone.”

Kyle, Casey, Alexander, and Jem stepped up on either side of Bull, not even voicing what their action implied. The look on their face did all the talking for them.

Bull sighed. “Do you honestly think I’m letting any of you babysit my ass? Screw that. Leave me here. I can take care of myself.”

A round of flipping the bird erupted, breaking some of the tension within the group. Then Drakon chimed in, his voice a deep, demanding tone. “Damn it, Bull. You’re in no condition to fight on your own if we leave you. You’re bleeding like a stuck pig.”

“The bullet went clean through,” Lawrence said as he examined Bull’s leg. “Keep pressure on it and it ought to close in fifteen minutes. Thirty tops.”

“Shit!” Justice ducked as another round of shots fired in close proximity. “Everyone, stay down!”

In response, everyone hovered low to the ground.

“I’ve pinpointed the location of the gunfire,” Gunny called out loud enough for the colonel to hear. “There are four guards a few feet away. I’ve got them in range,” his voice rose in agitation. “I’m just waiting for your command, Colonel D.”

Colonel Deshazo looked over at Tim and shook his head. “We don’t have a choice.”

“It’s your call,” Tim said gruffly.

“Take the shot, Master Sergeant Virgin,” Deshazo ordered.

“Clear,” Gunny affirmed after firing four single shots, hitting each target.

“Everyone needs to be on guard,” Deshazo said, sweeping his gaze toward the others. “It won’t be long before we run into more of Steele’s men.” 
        
“Stay with Bull, Lena,” Roman said in a crisp, take-charge tone, and added, “you too, Justice. Radio in as soon as he heals.” He turned from Justice and pointedly focused on Bull. “And that’s final.”

Bull scowled at the thought of staying behind while the rest of his team roars to the forefront. He looked ready to take on an entire army and take apart the asshole that put a bullet in his leg.

“Fine,” Bull grumbled, throwing up his hands in defeat, muttering a few F-bombs. “We’ll meet up with you later. I’ll be good to go in no time.”

Colonel Deshazo exchanged glances with Tim, and then looked at everyone else. “You know the drill,” he said, giving the motion to move forward. “It’s now or never.”

****

When Marcus escorted Dr. Kruger and his men into the wine cellar, Corbin and Fredrick waited outside the door. As they made it down the last step, something dashed in front of them.

“What the hell?” Marcus blurted. He had only glimpsed the figure for a second, but it had looked like a man . . . sort of. It had slick, shimmery skin and bright, glowing eyes.

Awakening from the drug, Steven acted on instinct and morphed into his Adalwolf the instant he heard the door open. Beneath his shirt, his chest had expanded, the muscles bulging twice the size. Steven’s skin had taken on a shimmery, grayish hue. A mane of dark hair framed his hybrid features, which were more human than wolf, but still savage. Sharp claws jutted from his hands, and large pointed canines protruded from his gums.

“Oh shit,” Marcus growled.

Steven dived toward Marcus and slammed him into the wall with a bone-jarring force. The sudden impact caught him off guard, leaving him dazed and confused.

“Tranquilize him!” Dr. Kruger yelled. 

Before the guards could react, Steven’s supernatural speed outweighed their human pace. He pounced on one, knocking him off balance. As the other two lunged for Steven, he hurled around and hit one with a backhanded blow. Momentum hammered him into the other guard and sent them tumbling across the floor.

The crashing sounds coming from the wine cellar alerted Corbin and Fredrick. With his hand locked around the grip of a Beretta, Corbin rushed down the stairs as Fredrick followed close behind. They looked about anxiously for Marcus and the others, bewildered to find them scattered on the floor.

A sharp voice, laced with a German accent alerted their attention. “What the hell are you waiting for?” Kruger shouted, “Stop him!”

Corbin raised his weapon and fired off three shots. Steven dodged the bullets and Corbin squeezed off another round, hitting Steven in the chest. As blood sprayed from his flesh, Fredrick cowered behind Corbin. He hoped the injury would be enough to discourage Steven permanently, but Fredrick underestimated his species.

A snarl stretched over Steven’s lips as he started to move toward them. With his gun aimed at Steven, Corbin squeezed the trigger again. The weapon made a doleful clicking noise. Shit! Corbin thought, gritting his teeth. I’m out of ammo!     
          
Steven’s claws reached out for Corbin . . .

A loud pop came from behind, stopping Steven in his tracks. A weary groan issued from him as he turned angrily toward the source of the bullet and glared murderously at Dr. Kruger. He opened fire as a hail of bullets slammed into Steven’s body, which thrashed wildly, but he still remained on his feet. Blood streamed from the bullet holes of his torso. His chest and back felt as if they had been stabbed over and over with a red-hot fire poker. He winced at the searing pain.

With his eyes locked on Kruger’s throbbing jugular, Steven peeled back his lips and let out a feral growl. Ignoring his gaping wounds, Steven exploded into motion and lunged at the physician with bared fangs. He threw back his head, ready to tear out his throat as an explosion of glass and gunfire came from above. The commotion momentarily distracted him, and Steven let go of Kruger. For a second, it sounded like an earthquake had rocked the estate, but, to Steven’s relief, he realized it was his comrades at arm.

Acting in tandem, Corbin and Fredrick ducked down, and Dr. Kruger staggered back. Startled gasps and exclamations burst from the men.

“Holy Mother—!”Corbin shouted. He called out to Marcus and said, “What the hell was that?”

Through clenched teeth, Marcus managed to pull himself up. “Hell if I know,” he grunted. 

“We need to get back upstairs,” Corbin said. “Marcus . . .” Before he could get another word out, a sudden blast blew the open door against the wall. Everyone looked in bewilderment at the doorway.

An amplified voice addressed them from the top of the stairs. “Drop your weapons and stand down. Repeat, drop your weapons.”

Puzzled, Corbin looked at Marcus for guidance. He shrugged his stocky shoulders and said, “What the hell?”

Dr. Kruger turned his weapon toward the stairway. Before he fired his gun, shots came from above, sending several rounds in his direction. The physician dropped to his knees and clamped his hand over his throat as blood seeped through his fingers. His eyes frantically searched for help but saw none forthcoming. And then he crumpled to the floor to his death.   

The look on Marcus’s face was of shock and disbelief. As he reached for his weapon, powerful fingers closed around his throat quicker than the eye could see. Choking, Marcus dropped his gun. “P-please . . .” Desperation tinged his voice. It was an effort just to speak. 

The sounds of footsteps drew near, and a firm voice called out, “Let him go, Steven.”

With his hand wrapped around Marcus’s throat, Steven turned and glanced up at three familiar faces. It was Drakon, Alexander, and Tim.

“Tim?” Steven’s own voice sounded alien to him, deeper and more guttural.

“He’s surrendering, Steven,” Tim said calmly. “It’s okay. We can take it from here.”

Steven looked back at Marcus. His face was white with fear, and Steven realized that he had been only seconds away from killing him. He clenched his sharp canines together, fighting the urge to savage Marcus with his bare hands. Steven let go of him and stepped back, feeling thoroughly drained. He turned around, his eyes searching the faces of Tim and Drakon, desperately seeking for answers. Steven wondered if he would ever see Abbey again.

“Abbey,” he gasped out. “Did you find her?”

And then a deep voice warned him, “Behind you!”

Drakon’s tone sent a jolt of adrenaline through Steven’s body at the same time pain exploded from his side. The burning sensation of a blade staggered him, throwing him off balance and onto his knees as he grasped for the object embedded into his flesh.

The sound of a roar and a black wolf—the size of a horse—came soaring from the top of the stairs as Steven winced in pain, freeing the dagger from his ribcage.

With only seconds to spare, Marcus shifted into his Breedline wolf . . . just as Drakon’s rogue wolf came lunging from above, slamming into Marcus with so much force that it sent him crashing onto the floor. Drakon’s wolf was covered in thick black fur, except for his nose, which ended in leathery nostrils. As Drakon stared down at Marcus, his lips almost formed a smile on his wolfish face, displaying a mouth full of white daggers.
  
Marcus’s wolf fought back with lightning reflexes, swiping his massive paw against Drakon’s head, hurling him backward. He crashed into the wall, knocking a hole into it before hitting the ground hard. Drakon quickly recovered, shaking off the blow as Marcus pounced on top of him. But his Breedline wolf was no match for Drakon’s powerful rogue. He was twice the size, outweighing Marcus by a hundred pounds of strapping muscle and shear strength.

Seizing the opportunity, Drakon opened his jaws and closed in on Marcus’s neck. Meat and gristle pulled apart loudly as, ripping with all his force, Drakon tore his throat out. Blood gushed from Marcus’s jugular, coating Drakon’s bristling black fur.

As Marcus toppled to the floor, violent convulsions rocked his shaggy body. Then, a loud pop came from above, instantly stopping Marcus’s movement.

With a pistol in his hand, Tim turned around and glared at Corbin and Fredrick. “I’ve got two more silver bullets,” he said, pointing it in their direction. “How do you want this to go down?”

Fredrick held his hands high in the air. “D-don’t shoot,” he stuttered. “I surrender.”

Corbin snarled and tossed his weapon on the ground. He looked down at Marcus’s corpse in disbelief. Dark fur retracted into the Breedline wolf as it transformed into Marcus’s dead naked human body. 

“Take us to where Ms. Abigail Winthrop is being held,” Tim demanded with the gun still aimed at their head.

Corbin looked up from Marcus’s body and focused on Tim. “You’re too late,” he gritted out. “Cole Decker has her.” 

To be continued . . .
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Author Notes
NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live among humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins is so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries, the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEEN'S RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back into human form and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change into human form again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create an offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a. Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-Shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its first-born son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-Shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a. Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a. 'Righteousness of God') - The archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the patron angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact or intercourse. One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They cannot change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They can do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a. Lucas or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-Shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half-Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. Tessa Fairchild - the Breedline queen - destroyed the Katako in battle using the deadly venom of her Breedline wolf.

GOLEMS (a.k.a. the Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a. Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They can stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but cannot change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

ADALWOLF - A species that has the power to shift from their human form into a beautiful creature, twice the size, resembling half man and half wolf. Born with super-strength, they can move from one place to another in supernatural speed. Their eyes take on the appearance of two shimmering diamonds. With the power to regenerate their own cells, an Adalwolf will stop aging at thirty. The moon has no power over them. An Adalwolf is immune to silver. They can bond with any species.

LUPA - The ancestors descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except the moon has no power over them and it cannot be passed on to others like a virus. It is passed on through genetics to the female offspring, known as a she-wolf. This type of creature shape-shifts into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, and is considered dangerous... cursed.

Steven Pasquale (a.k.a. Steven Craven) - He inherited the genes of a Breedline and an Adalwolf. He was taken from his mother and forced to endure a life of endless, painful experiments by two German physicians, Dr. Hans Autenburg and Dr. Hubert Crane. Without the knowledge of his real family, Steven finally manages to escape his captors, locating his biological parents and his fraternal twin, Tessa Fairchild.

Abbey (a.k.a. Abigail Winthrop) - She inherited the genetics of a Lupa from her mother, who died giving birth. Captured by Dr. Hans Autenburg - a German physician - she spent most of her life forced to endure experiments until she finally managed to escape. With no place to go, Abbey is determined to finally reunite with her beloved Steven after they were separated years ago.

Valkin Steele - He is a wealthy business man who deals with drugs, weapons trade, and underage sex trafficking. He also funded a group of unethical scientists that kidnapped people with special gifts and rarities for research. He is searching for an Adalwolf with the ability to heal his beloved Natasha who is dying of cancer.

Cole Decker - He is known as the best tracker money could buy, hired by Valkin Steele to kidnap Steven Craven for his healing powers. He is also wanted by the FBI for his crimes as a well-known sex offender and sex trafficking young girls from all over the world.

Marcus Delvecchio - He is a Breedline traitor, hired by Valkin Steele as a bodyguard.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-Shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and a council member that has turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-Shih demon.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species and later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their Uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother, Jem, and his bonded mate, Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her aunt and uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she became the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander, setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-Shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his Uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline he was born a Theriomorph. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Hired as a bodyguard for Valkin Steele - a billionaire funding a group of unethical scientists research - he later learns of Steele's underground sex-trafficking and illegal drug and weapons trade, and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers who work for a private Special Ops group contracted by the military for missions that no one else can or will do to help put an end to Valkin Steele's corrupt organization.

Lawrence Colbert - A Breedline council member of the New Jersey Covenant, trained in military tactics and as a medic who worked alongside Roman Kincaid, the Special Ops Team, and the Breedline Covenant to help take down Valkin Steele.

Lena - She is a Breedline, highly trained in survival skills, martial arts, and anything dealing with weapons, hand-to-hand combat, and hired by Roman Kincaid to help take down Valkin Steele. She oddly resembles the character Xena the Warrior Princess from the 80's television series. She is also Bull's little sister and is bonded to Justice.

Bull (a.k.a. Benjamin Allen Calvero ) - He is a Breedline, highly trained and an expert in a variety of military tactics who is part of Roman Kincaid's team. He gets his nickname because of his size.

Justice - He is a Breedline, highly trained in military tactics, an expert with explosives, hand-to-hand combat, sniper training, and a pilot, who is part of Roman Kincaid's team.

     

© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement