FanStory.com - Infinite loveby Jean Hornby
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
If I take this potion
Infinite love by Jean Hornby
The Immortality Cure writing prompt entry
Artwork by simonka at FanArtReview.com

If I take this potion I will be cured .No more ageing , no more wondering when my last breath is going to be, no more trying to aquire all my wants in this short lived life and no more bucket list.

But will I be happy never to experience maternal love , never to hold a child in my arms?

There must be a way !

I knew the big day had arrived and today would be the day to choose infinity or love.

This collection of thoughts travelled in my mind and they were not going anywhere except in a
never-ending circle .

My eyes now focused on the deep blue liquid before me, I then become lost in its neon glow,
mesmerized its magnetic force that seem to be drawing me in.

For the first time in my life I was going to follow both head and heart .
My head told me to follow the dream , my heart told me to grab it .

I now knew what to do !



As I swallowed the potion of life I felt its glow light up my insides I felt its life surge through my body as it made its forever claim.

There was one last thing to do before everything was complete.

I reached for the phone, dialled the number,
the voice on the other end of the line told me they had recieved the signed contract .
I smiled I was ready to offer a forever home for the baby. And when she was all grown I will now be in a position, to offer a home to another, then again another.

The adoption agency thanked me for my infinite love and told me " your baby is on its way "



Writing Prompt
A cure for death has been discovered! As the element used in it has a short half-life and is in limited supply, you only have today to decide whether or not to get the cure. There is a catch, though: it causes infertility. You, unmarried, with no kids, have to decide whether or not to get cured.

     

© Copyright 2024. Jean Hornby All rights reserved.
Jean Hornby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement