FanStory.com - Rest of My Lifeby Bill Schott
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a 200-word horror story
Short
: Rest of My Life by Bill Schott
HOrror writing prompt entry



It is an amazing sensation to have a tiny life inside of me. Its every movement touches my nerves, like a masked man with a chainsaw in a china cabinet. My eyes blast open as the eardrum splits and my sinus cavity becomes a site of exploration and habitation.

Outside my skull, an army of violators pry at my eyelids and navigate up my nasal passages. Winning, they lift and violate my eyes, as fellow ant invaders meet and eat.
The hill upon which I am staked, paralyzed by well-concocted potions which steal strength, yet heighten awareness, is home to killer ants.

Tears fill in between the bodies of the many ants which are wallowing in the sclera that drips past their boney frames. They burrow in, each mandible excavating and each pointed appendage jabbing into the burning nerves that are my life.

Head filled, I am still conscious of their invasion, though my thoughts are strangely at ease. The pain of needles shooting through my cranium, although beyond more detailed description, has become the normal expectation of what will be the rest of my life.
How I came to this position is pointless to recollect. I am -- home.


 


Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.

Author Notes
Image from Google.

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement