FanStory.com - Catzillaby Sally Law
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Some things do not mix.
Catzilla by Sally Law
Wedding and a Cat? Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

One must always plan for something to go wrong on their wedding day. Possibly bad weather or cranky relatives. Maybe a missed delivery, or the wrong corsage for Aunt Betsy.

I would have been happy, no, overjoyed, to have something fixable on my important day.

The worst part was, I didn't even see it coming.

So innocent he sat upon the chair, curled up and purring. I hung my wedding dress on the door near him. It was exquisite!

A small piece of the train had slipped out from the bag. I did not see it, but he had.

Catzilla surveyed it. He made sure I was in the shower before he proceeded with his heinous crime. He ate my dress! My beautiful wedding gown!

I buried him outside. The tombstone read:

Here lies my pet
a purchase I regret,
No cat heaven for him,
in committing the unpardonable sin.



Writing Prompt
Write a 150 word flash fiction story that in some way incorporates both a wedding and a cat. The extent to which each of these is a part of your story is up to you, but at the very least, each must be mentioned in your story. Any genre is acceptable.

Recognized

Author Notes
Catzilla is based on my real life twin cats of mischief, Heckle and Jeckle. Famously named after the carton magpies! There was no limit to what they would not eat or destroy. My mother gave them away to someone she did not like.

     

© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement