FanStory.com - The Impossible Ten Commandmentsby Deniz22
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
God's Law points to Christ
The Impossible Ten Commandments by Deniz22




QUESTION:
"Why does Christianity rely on Paul even though he purposely twists the words of the Tanakh by saying it is impossible to keep the commandments of the Tanakh?"






ANSWER:
The Apostle Paul correctly sees the real purpose of the Law was to teach everyone our need of Jesus Christ to shed His sinless blood to blot out our sin written in the record books of Heaven.

"Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor." Galatians 3:24-25 - New King James Version

So our sinful nature was nailed to the cross with the Ten Commandments and the Savior whose death was suffered on our behalf to pay our sin debt.

When He rose from the tomb, we believers rose with Him as new creatures to a new life with Him forever. This begins personally when we trust Christ.

All of this is true and a done deal in the sight of God, though we still struggle with the old nature's desire to rule us as it once did. Yet we are to get the victory by obeying what the Apostle Paul taught and practiced;

"Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.": Romans 6:11 - New King James Version

Understand the term "death" is used several ways in the Bible, physical death being the best known. Spiritual death means separated from the life of God, even as Adam was for sin, though he was still alive physically.

So the new person we are in God's sight is eternally alive and sanctified forever by the sacrifice of Christ.

"But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified." Hebrews 10:12-14 - Bible Gateway passage: Hebrews 10:12-14 - New King James Version

The old person/sinner we once were is dead in God's sight forever, although He is very much alive in our experience, desiring to fulfill his lusts through our body.

The old nature is separated from God in the Person of Christ on the cross where "He who knew no sin became sin for us".

What I am teaching here is so vitally important to a Christian's understanding I am going to quote a lengthy passage now which I strongly, lovingly beg you to read over any number of times so you can enjoy the wonderful freedom Christ calls us into, a walking with Him with no condemnation but rather a joyful anticipation of spiritual culmination to come: "when we see Him, we will be like Him!"

Here's the passage:
"In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us.

And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
Colossians 2:11-15 - Bible Gateway passage: Colossians 2:11-15 - New King James Version

Got questions on this? Please ask me!
Blessings, Dennis

 

Author Notes
Run and do, the Law commands,
but gives me neither feet nor hands.
Grace speaks of better things,
bids me FLY and gives me wings.

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement